Hey all. I have a quick question. I have been lurking around here for awhile now gleaning wisdom and soaking up ideas. Still don't have an XJ yet, but getting closer. My plan was to pick up a '99, but we're not there yet on money. However, my neighbor has just inherited and is going to sell a really nice '91.

So, for the question: Should I consider it, or hold out for a '99?

This '91 is very clean, no rust, everything works. It is a 5-speed and has 211,000 miles. It runs great, and isn't leaking or smoking.

It has a small lift, not sure yet how much, and has 31x10.50 tires on it. My biggest thing is it has the D35. However, I have read a lot of people running the D35 with -33" tires for years with no problems, especially open.

This vehicle will mostly be a DD for my wife, with occasional trail trips a few times a year. I am a pretty "easy" driver, and am more into being technical and using finesse rather than mashing the pedal and just bouncing through stuff. I don't really like beating the snot out of my stuff.

Are there any major red flags I should look for besides it having the D35? I think he is going to ask 2500.

Thanks for any opinions!