Never run without a hood unless you have a windshield between you and the engine compartment. I saw a young boy get scalded when a radiator hose broke on a buggy, they flew him out by helicopter.

Always have a fire extinguisher in reach of the operator seat. You don't want to have a flash fire from rolling over and not able to get out or put the fire out. With that in mind it is a good idea to wrap your exhaust header and down pipe with thermal wrap. In the event you roll the oil spill WILL ignite on the hot exhaust. The thermal will smoke really bad but you will avoid an instant bon fire.

Besides the obvious, wear gloves while handling winch line. Last time out my daughter was line handling when her thumb slipped into the hook (behind the first joint), she slipped and fell and her full weight pulled at the joint, nearly pulled her thumb off.

Leave the alcohol at camp for the end of the day. Serious wheeling is dangerous enough not to enhance the danger with "hold my beer and watch this", which in turn is followed by "911 what's your emergency".