Not just another what size size tire with LIFT my question...

Okay Mistake one...

I jumped into a lift kit while on a budget and tried to match it with used/new tires. I'm old enough to know better, I know, I know Not new to this rodeo...yadda yadda ,but, even us old guys get excited and jump the gun (one SOME things) .

NOW. I sold my 245/75r16 GoodYear Wrangler Authorities in less than 6 hours on Craigslist for what I paid for them so no harm no foul there. I AM back to tire shopping however and am armed with new and more detailed questions before pulling the trigger again on a set of tires.

My XJ is a 2001 with a set of 3" Rough Country coils up front, and an aal in the rear. The Tfer case has been dropped 1" which relieved me decel vibes but am still having accel vibes. So I'm really debating on keeping the 3" coils long term. I may end dropping back down to an Up country lift with either some upcountry leaf packs in the back OR a complete OME 2" kit next year. The labor cost for my lift install won't be as hard a pill to swallow after that long on it I'm hoping.

My question relates to tire size. I HATED the 245/75-16s due to the fact that they were 1) hard as rocks since the were E load rated 2) too aggressive for my needs 3) and rubbed when turning SOMETIMES but not all the time. So when they did it scared the outta me! 4) They really killed my gas mileage and blunted the old girl's performance,

I want a narrower tread/skinnier width than the 245 and a tire that is less agressive and lighter. I'm TRYING to stay with a "P" metric tire, I want white letters( I'm old) , and they should look like they belong on a Jeep, not a Buick crossover.

So far i've narrowed it down to
A) 235/70r16 width 9.1" sidewall 6.48" h Dia 30"

B) 225/75r16 width 8.86" sidewall 6.64" H dia 29.3"

C) 235/75r16 that has a section width of 9.1" tread width of 7.2" and a Dia of 30"

Are there other narrower tires in and around the 29-30or 30.5" dia available easily? and the last optino is to sell my Icon rims and by a set of soft 8s and just go with a set of 235/75r15"? Walmart has a P rated Goodyear Wrangler Radial that I've run on two previous Jeeps and loved for a mere 74 a tire...

PLz give and old man some guidance and a good night's sleep!