Yeah. In Dirty Jerz you have to let them pump your gas. The bright side is that gas is subsidized in New Jersey so its cheaper. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a functioning gas gauge so I have to track things by the odometer. Knowing that different gas pumps click off at wildly different amounts of gas (i.e. sometimes it clicks when I'm 5 gallons from full... if its a strong pump) this makes me paranoid and I usually end up filling up again in PA after 100 miles or so.

Regarding the fans. I did a similar setup to the triple red FF fans but from a different company and without a shroud. They mounted through the radiator with zip-tie ish things. The fans they supplied me with (which look like the exact same ones) suck and I've gone through 4 or 5 replacements. I hooked mine up to run the first one (passenger side) first and the second 2 second (middle and driver's side). When the fans are all working the setup is great. I have a 3 core rad (which needs more CFM), the AC condenser, and an oil cooler in front of both. The power draw isn't noticeable from the dash gauge, so you can't tell when they are running by looking at the power gauge. I can see a difference on the power gauge when I put down a window so it picks up fairly small pulls.

In terms of mileage, due to the clutch on the clutch fan the difference is much more noticeable in fuel consumption in city driving. Highway driving you won't see much of a difference.

Switches: In addition to a kill switch I also recommend and "always on switch". You can do this with a 3 stage switch to minimize switch real estate. This is an especially good thing to have if your temp sensor is the "fit-between-your-rad-fins type" because there is a lag between the engine heating up and the fans turning on. It's also good to cool things down if you know you're about to really heat things up under the hood or you want to dry things out quickly after a fording.

Finally, if you're concerned about heat (who isn't) I've been really pleased with a high flow waterpump that I picked up from Quadratec.