Thread: Viber-a-tions

Default Viber-a-tions

I may have mention before, Matt has me hooked now and I'm going down this Rabbit hole chasing that elusive smooth ride. I'm not really concerned with the bouncy bouncy but the vibrations from the drive train. Although the driving vibrations aren't always limited to it.

I believe mine is. In a recent XJ TALK SHOW! I mentioned that I found that while driving in full time 4x4 the normal vibrations I would feel at 70 mph were gone, and would only come back if I decelerated.

I try to drive my wife's 03 TJ to work from time to time just so I'll have a good idea how it's performing and if it needs any maintenance. It has 4" of lift, 33x12.5x15 tires and it's smooth as silk on the freeway.

Now I believe that with my MT tires and her AT there will be a difference in on vibrations, but since I found out that my front drive shaft (most likely) is causing the vibrations when it isn't under load I have decided to have it fixed!

Have a spare drive shaft is never a bad thing, so I found someone parting out a totaled 99 on ebay. I ordered a front drive shaft for 60 shipped. The plan is to have it rebuilt and high speed balanced. Then I'll take out the Tom Woods rear drive shaft and have it high speed balanced using the freshly rebuild front drive shaft in the rear until the Tom Woods is ready.

My question, and this is going to be for you local guys, who in the Houston area would do me the best job? I'd like for it to be on the West side of Houston if possible. Now if there is a place that can high speed balance my rear drive shaft while I wait, I'd really like to know about them!

Default Re: Viber-a-tions

Well crap, I've never had it done here in Houston, but if it were Ft. Worth I know a great place lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Default Re: Viber-a-tions

Turn up the radio that will fix everything