Well guys, I guess it was inevitable, but after a few years of me pointing out Jeeps and talking nonstop about my own since I bought it, my girlfriend surprised me and said that she didn't like her car anymore and she wants a Jeep of her own. I first made sure she didn't want a Compass or a Patriot, which she doesn't (Thank God), before trying to talk her into getting an XJ for herself. I guess the last year of me gushing over how cool the XJ is didn't work, she has her heart set on a Wrangler that she can drive around in the Florida sunshine with no doors.

I would like any and all advice as to which year and models we should shoot for. Her only stipulations are it must have 2 doors and must have an automatic transmission. I personally prefer the TJ because I know the 4.0L is bulletproof and I know I can fix just about anything that could go wrong on it (Plus they're a whole lot cheaper these days ). I don't know much about the JK. I've heard we should steer clear of the 3.8L engine and shoot for a '12+ with the 3.6L. Are there any automatic transmissions we should avoid?

Any information you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated!