Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2001 dailyDrive familly project

Default Re: 2001 dailyDrive familly project

Heyy there guys , yet aggain, like most of my project , its late .Tires been installed, had trouble with a few nuts , plus i have a log nuts (i beleive thats the way you say it ?) Problem tought , had it loose when we took off the old small wheels...mmmh? Anyways tire and wheels are on now , another step down, i must admit it feels really weird on the highway. Feels like something loose in front right side, gotta look on this, had to take off front bumper corner since they touch the tires, and I had to pull pff one fog light , for some reason it fall off...mmmh ? Anyways heres a picture of the tire, now ill be looking Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398655599194.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  99.0 KBinto fixing before adding

done with the S3

Looks good with the new tires... I'd say pull that tire off and take a look at the hub, and the TRE's on that end... Did you have to pull the end caps cause of hitting while flexed, or what??
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

The TRE? Srry but what part does that mean. Oh no, when I turn actually they touch , but even with the corner out, theres this inner piece thats still there, gotta cut thems tought ...

done with the S3

TRE= Tierod ends
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Allright,its been forever since I update you guys, not much as changed since I changed the service truck before adding on Bee. Added a c.b, antena after breaking it, changed the radio...stuff like this, still have some trouble with wobble some time, havent touched tre yet.

Allright, heres some bad news, first of all, today we spend the whole day working on both the jeep and my service truck.broke the front wheel bearing on the ford, so we fixed this whole thing wich was a mess..as for the interesting part, i think i found the wobble cause, seems like on my right side short arm, the screw on the dif part, its loose...like its tight as i can't tight it more or less, but its turning free in its place...so i can move it , not much it i can. Could this cause wobble? I also worked on the rust arround the flares, cutted the fake flare inside the wheel house, did the same with the flare itselft, painted the whole thing back in black, looks cleaner, atleast until i get new ones. And yet aggain , my starter died today, seems like oil is falling from my valve cover seal, wich falls into the starter, so it kinda...burned? Anyways im ordering a new one tomorow... ill post a picture as soon as i can :/

Heyyy good and great mighty horrible news, changed the starter, yay jeep working now. And jo, my brother took the jeep today, and got me an inspection, wich lets be honnest , Bee's never gonna pass..., so 48 hrs frm now , Bee's gonna be over. Now im either stock taking it in parts , or scrapping it? What should i do. Now? Time to. Go get 6" on a new babe. In long term? Time to go try get something else? Wow this is the worst day i could've imagined.

Ya never know. I never thought mine would pass when I bought it. It had a rusted and smashed up exhaust even, but it passed easily. Even if it fails, that doesn't mean it couldn't be an easy fix. Whether you could run premium fuel, replace the catalytic converter, or maybe run a cleaner through it you could be on easy street. Hope the best for ya and that jeep passes clear!

It depends on how badly you want to keep this one. You can try to get it to pass because I'd hate to waste the time/money on this one, or if it just won't pass, part it out or something.

I am glad Oklahoma doesn't have emissions testing heck we don't even have inspections at all anymore

News...well guys..kinda desapointed over here...seems like i don't have much choice...tomorow im supposed to go have a look at a country edition...no clue if ill love this one as much as Bee tough. Ill take the lift kit, tires , dirrection as well as every part i think i could use on the new one, from what I've seen its gonna be ntb. I was looking for a clean body, no holes. Neither in the roof or on the floors, only a few things such as a broken light, wich comes with a new one. And the driver door locks...so ill have a look at jeep store to get the right one... ill let you guys know since im not sure either put both diff from the old one , or to get chromoly shaft for the front and the rear and lock with a aussi locker. ..wee'l see

Allright guys, well its been a long time , im sorry computer died a while ago...but i made my jeep pass the inspection so im working to make it clean now..

Will eventually have to make new floor pan, rockers too, and good news, think i found a deal on a SnapOn winch ,9000 lbs , a customer of mine who own me enough to pay it without me spending a single penny, or he also has SnapOn compressors, wich one is better?

Erff today i will sadly announce,i sold Bee, ill buy a new one and start another thread soon guys,thanks for the tips and everything:/

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Don't be a stranger, you are still part of the community
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers