For 12 year the jeep ran at exactly 210 degrees.

So I have this newer style thermostat installed on my jeep 01 xj.

It is designed to fail in the open position to prevent any damage caused from over heating. If it breaks in the closed position then the coolant doesn't circulate.

Tonight was 35 degrees out and we were driving for 35 minutes at about 60 MPH the whole time.

New radiator, water pump, and thermostat, and heater core and evap coil all last year, which I call the rough year!!! Now everything runs great.

So the temp pic I will attach has the needle at about 185 to 190 degrees or so. It sometimes moves a sliver up or down.

Is this normal? I have plenty of heat and everything seems to run real nice.
Any thoughts on the temp thing?

I'm also about to break 199K. 200K is about a month away which I will get a pick.

I parked the jeep in the garage and closed the garage door. My son came in the front door all happy and normal and as soon as he walked in from school I told him with a sad face that I sold the jeep. He started crying and kept saying how " I would save the jeep for him when he turns 16" O the tears. Jesus!!!!.. I said go look in the garage and see what I bought. He stomped his feet to the garage and on his way he said "just great now I'm gone end up with moms piece of junk!!!" (keep in mind i'm divorced and he is only 11) He opened the door and saw the jeep and came over and pushed me and said not funny!!!!

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha