Thread: Lets talk about beadlocks, A?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Lets talk about beadlocks, A?

Staun and the hummer bead lock rims are about the same. The principles they both use are nearly identical and these two are the only truely locking beads. Most on the market are for one bead on the tire, the out side bead. so that leaves your inner bead loose and able to roll out, which will cause devistation to the rig's suspension. I have been looking at the Staun and the military humer bead lock rims. for the Hummer bead lock rims, The more bolts to hold the two rim halves together, the better. Hummer's come in 8 bolt and 12 bolt configurations. The 12 bolt model will hold enough air to pass inspections, plus it will allow 50+ miles per hour, the 8 bolt won't. It seems to me that if you are wanting real bead locks, there are only the double bead lock systems to even think about. The Staun and the inner air lock are basicly an innertube designed to pinch the beads to the rim, does mean that you can use regular rims so who would know you are bead locked, but these two are just a second, dual bead locking system. Before you decide, think of your tires as you would an engine, would you want to run your in line 6 cylinder on only three cylinders? that's basicly what you do if you run outer bead locks only, you've left half your beads unlocked. I've seen what a blown inner bead can do to a suspension, it ain't pretty, but it sure is expensive to fix.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 05-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail