Thread: Parrot

Default Parrot

A guy buys a beautiful parrot from a pet store. The thing is magnificent and has a lovely voice. It can sing, say anything, and mimic anyone's voice perfectly. The guy was happy with his purchase, even though it was quite expensive. Over the next few months, he showed the gorgeous talking parrot off to everyone he knew. Everyone was beyond impressed.

Over time, however, the gentleman noticed that his parrot wasn't speaking as well or as often as he had in the past. Eventually, he stopped talking altogether. Worried and annoyed, he took the parrot to the vet to have him looked at.

The vet took one look and said, "Yes. I see the problem. His beak is just a little too long. I can file it down and he'll go back to talking, but it's not an inexpensive procedure. It costs 400."

"Four hundred bucks!?!," The parrots' owner was dumbfounded. "How could it cost that much?!?"

"Well, sir," explained the vet, "It's actually a pretty delicate procedure. If you don't take enough beak off, the parrot still will not talk, but if you file too much of it down, he won't talk, either, but also will not be able to eat. If not done properly, it could cost the parrot his life."

The parrots' owner was defiant. "Well, Doc, I'm already into this bird for over a grand. I really don't want anymore invested in the parrot. I think I'll go home and try to file the beak myself."

"Oh, I definitely can't condone that!" The vet was insistent. "You'll undoubtedly take off too much of the beak off, causing the bird to no be able to eat and the bird will die!"

Against the advise of the vet, the guy takes the parrot home without having the delicate procedure done by the vet. The parrots' owner remains confident he can save himself 400 and get his parrot to talking again. He assured the vet that he wouldn't take too much off so that the bird would be able to eat properly.

A few months later, the vet ran into the parrots' owner at the grocery store.

"Hello, there! How's your parrot?" He asked.

"Oh....that" The parrots' owners eyes went to the floor and his face got long. "I'm sorry to have to say that my beautiful parrot died after I filed his beak down"

With condolences, the vet told the man, "Well, I hate to hear that, but I warned you. It's just too easy to take too much of that beak off and cause the bird to starve. I've seen it happen before."

"Well," the parrots' owner said, as he scratched his head, "I really don't think I took too much off. I know he didn't starve. I'm pretty sure he was dead when I took his head out of the vise."

Default Re: Parrot

Very sad thing is, I can see this being done to do the filing of the beak!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Default Re: Parrot

Ha, that's horrible!

It says Libbys Libbys Libbys on the Label Label Label!