Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 1999 amateur Rock Crawler build

Default Re: My 1999 amateur Rock Crawler build

Thats right 34x10.50xR15.on 3" lift with no triming or rubing!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140219_161239.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	4604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140219_163408.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	4605  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140219_164412.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	4606  
    Its my pride and joy, it's known as, the addiction 1999 4.0 4x4. It took years to find but only seconds to love, But most people never know the joy because, it's a jeep thing

It has.been a while since I've updated this thread but so far I have put on 34 inch super swampers trimmed my front fenders made a homemade snorkel yes I'm aware it does not look good at all and put a flowmaster 44 on.

today I finally got the chance to really test out my snorkel at a local mud bog, I got stuck with water halfway up the doors definitely over the original air box and my engine stayed running, the problem is there was so much back pressure on my exhaust that I had to stay in the Jeep in order to keep it running I had to feather the gas and the two guys who pulled me out tonight hooked up to my bumper improperly so now that is broken ( buy broken I mean broke the welds and I can't find the eighth inch steel plate no clue where it went) then without my knowledge they hooked to my core support and bent it very badly luckily they did not break it but I did get me out, I'll have it bent back tomorrow, also my friend also ran into me because his Jeep doesn't have good tires so the second hit the brakes started sliding but luckily it didn't damage my snorkel beat up my finfer pretty bad though. On the way back home, after all of the incredible stress I put that motor and submerging it under water, my Jeep overheated and I did not know my temperature gauge said 210 which is normal for my jeep and then I started smelling it but it still said 210 so I believed it in about 15 minutes later I looked down and its at 260+ so now my engine has developed a weird end that sounds like the pushrods making noise but it's much louder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140329_193922.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	4941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140329_004943.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	4942  

Last edited by Andrew XJ; 03-29-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Its my pride and joy, it's known as, the addiction 1999 4.0 4x4. It took years to find but only seconds to love, But most people never know the joy because, it's a jeep thing

Sounds like some safety training may be in good order! Hope you get it fixed up soon.

okay so I haven't posted in a while and it's because I broke my old phone got a new phone couldn't get into my email address then I couldn't get my password for the site recovery but that's okay because I'm back

so long story short my Jeep was blown up the timing chain had WAY WAY too much slack I had one millimeter between my valves and my pistons kissing I had three rod knocks and tomorrow I should be able to start it for the first time since she has been down but my power steering pump decided to be a head and break as I was putting the new pulley on it so it won't be drivable until I get enough money for a power steering pump which sucks.

another problem is that in order to fix the Jeep I had to sell the street tires so I have to drive on my super swampers which causes me to death wobble incredibly bad at 40 miles an hour which is the speed limit on most of the road here so I need opinions on balancing beads and what you guys think of them.

usually I go back and spell check and form proper sentences but to be honest I really don't feel like doing it right now I'll probably do it tomorrow morning.

I am so glad to be back!

oh yeah I also found out that I have a 91 block with 91 lower internals a 2001 head 99 intake and exhaust manifolds 99 computer and wiring harness, I assume the previous owner blew it up and just threw a motor back in in.

super happy I have that 2001 head though the super strong head according to XJ TALK, Wikipedia and a few other sources.

Glad you are back Andrew. I have heard the balancing beads are effective. Those swampers are fought to balance due to the amount of weight required sometimes. Being bias ply doesn't help either.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

well I was going to have the balance conventionally and if they're not able to balance them well enough to stop the death wobble I was going to put beads in them as well as having the balance weights.

also even after fixing my engine its only going to last a few more months so I think I'm actually going to go through with the 4.3 vortec swap.

well I was going to have the balance conventionally and if they're not able to balance them well enough to stop the death wobble I was going to put beads in them as well as having the balance weights.

also even after fixing my engine its only going to last a few more months so I think I'm actually going to go through with the 4.3 vortec swap.

It is a lot of work, but gives you some good potential
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

back Andrew!! Glad to hear you got her back up and going, and that does sound like quite the engine mix that was in there to begin with.. I think the 4.3 swap is an awesome conversion, and look forward to seeing it as you build into that..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234