Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is an XJ worth building up now?

Default Re: Is an XJ worth building up now?

All very good advice so sticking with the XJ doesnt seem like a bad idea. Though having a spare XJ seems like a smarter choice the more I read about this stuff.
    US Army 2005 - 2014
    US Army Reserves 2014 - Present

2001 XJ Limited 4dr I6 Auto.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia

as for finding parts I have been looking around just to see so far I can find everything some were exsept for the uniframe that is a wy thing so if you can find or maintain the fram you will be good.

Ya know we all get discouraged from time to time about getting some repairs done and the cost. Vehicles are expensive. I'm not sure when the last time you drove through a dealer lot was but 4 door sedan cars are 25K to 30K and my kids and I on a bike ride the other night saw a truck sticker for 64,900 bucks. Who the hell can afford the payments, not the average worker!!.

Your jeep will tow 5000 pounds, get the kids in the back, your not lacking horse power and 20 mpg is ok but will work. All you need to do is buy gas.

Ive spent about 2500 on repairs over the last 13 years. I'm at 195K. Most of that was prevention repairs. I needed a new radiator, so I also at home did the water pump and the hoses and thermostat, heatcore and evap coil and I just got better and better at taking care of them and doing my own work. A tool here and their and pretty soon I can do a lot!!!!

Ive taken 3 trips from central IL to Sixflags Stloius and back and we are making one more trip in a few days. I have had no jeep payment for 7 years. I've done all the work on my XJ and I know what is new and what needs work. My jeep runs great. I don't see any reason why I can't put another 100,000 payment free miles on it. It's my only vehicle. If the tranny gets me to 250K or 275K I will be seriously impressed but I will still not get rid of my XJ. As long as the engine holds out, which it should then its paid for transportation.

IF you take care of the engine and tranny then you should never need a replacement. Your tranny shop will rebuild your tranny if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12