Thread: Repack rear springs with S10 loaners

Default Repack rear springs with S10 loaners

Starting tomorrow I'll be replacing my saging rear leafs with a supplied newer set from Tony. Thanks again Tony!!

I'll be posting plenty of pics of before during and after to give people an idea of how to rebuild your springs.

Remember I have already done the S10 conversion but there will be very little difference than the standard total swap.

I'll update the post in the as I go or all at once when complete. I am thinking of making this an almost live update as it's goes. Will have to see.

Can't wait to get the passenger side lean fixed and get her back on the trail!!!!

Passenger side!

Driver side! HUGE difference. And in corners or driving this leaf give really bad.

Noon and got the packs out. Here are pics of the bent spring. It's bad but the S10 springs seem to be holding up nicely. we shall see once they are on.

And here is the final product. This is a complete repack of the passenger then swap the drivers side and passenger side springs to help the S10 passenger springs out as they were hurting a little bit.

And for good measure I started on my front bumper. I plan on replacing the stock bumper mounts with 1/4 inch plate but the stock bumper was pretty torn up so this is better all around. Will post up more of this once I get the plant.
    Last edited by reddragon72; 07-14-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added initial pics at 11am EST
    Off road enthusiast's are not the ones killing nature, it's new sub-divisions, businesses, and strip malls.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Repack rear springs with S10 loaners

Nice! Can't wait for the write up! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.