Thread: Barranca del Cobre

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bad luck is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Barranca del Cobre

Here are some photos of our trip down to Copper Canyon, or as the Mexicans call it Barranca del Cobre. We went at Christmas a few years ago. My son rode with us, I sure wish we would have had the jeep. The town is Urique, down in the bottom of Copper Canyon. We had gone to Batopilas, on the other side of one of the canyons, a couple of years before. There are actually a bunch of canyons that make up this complex. And they are bigger and deeper than our Grand Canyon. I don't know what the tree is with the fluff balls. And of course trying to cross the creek, we got stuck, but just after my son took off on his bike back to Urique to get help, these friendly locals came by and towed us out. It's a good thing we brought the tow strap. I don't think a 2 wheel drive van is the best vehicle for overland expeditions. We do plan on going back it is great down there. Oh yeah, if you look close at the picture in town, you will notice the shredded wind sock. Someone told us that, that street is also the local airport, pretty cool huh!
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Last edited by bad luck; 07-09-2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: I don't know why the pics didn't load, I will try again