Thread: Barranca del Cobre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Barranca del Cobre

Those are some pretty shots. I bet some of those trails you were on with your bike with both breath taking and a little scary!

bad luck is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Barranca del Cobre

No Tony, that's not me riding the bike, it's my son. I am the old guy standing in the creek. My son is an expert mountain biker so he prefers the hard technical trails. I don't. But the scariest part of driving down there, are the truckers, the roads are narrow and the truckers won't slow down or get over, you had better be out of the way when they come barreling around a corner. But we have been down there three or four times now, and really like it. What is funny on our first trip down to Batopilas, are the natives or Tarahumara Indians, these guys are supposed to be the best long distance runners in the world. But we saw a couple hitch hiking, so we gave them a ride back up out of the canyon. But they are really interesting. All they wear is a sort of loin cloth. And there is a colony of Mennonites living down near Creel, and they still speak old German or something, we met some and bought some cheese from them, they make great cheese. I guess they emigrated from Canada quite a long time ago, because the Canadian government wanted to make their kids go to school, but they prefer to limit them to a sixth grade education. So the Mexican government allowed them to emigrate and promised not to interfere with them.