Thread: How To Install Ironman Andy's Shackle Relocation Kit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: How To Install Ironman Andy's Shackle Relocation Kit.

I recently got the extreme duty relocation brackets (5 hole version) since my rear was sagging a bit too much after installing my Detours Tailbone. I still have the stock suspension but will eventually add 3" lift leaf springs. Since I also still have the stock shackles, I tried the fourth hole back and found the stock shackles too wide to let the suspension fully compress. I guess the moral of the story is that if you have less than perfect leafs and you have the stock shackles, just go straight for the 5th hole on the extreme duty ones.

A few other tips. First, when installing the brackets, do a rough check before bolting everything in. I installed mine so tight to the gas tank that the shackles end up slightly binding when trying to install them into the brackets. Now, I have to loosen everything up and give it a little more room. Second, I had to disconnect my rear shocks at the lower mounts as well as take off my rear tires to get the axle low enough without having my jack stands fully extended, even with them already sitting on approximately five inch risers. Third, I am going to have to do something about my factory exhaust as my lower shackle bolt is now pressing very firmly against my exhaust all the time.

These brackets are very stout but the paint or powder coat on mine is coming off in large sections. I would imagine they'll be mostly bare shortly after install. Have a good time and enjoy the process. I'm looking forward to adjusting the positioning more tomorrow (ok, not really).

Edit: I reread this post and realized it might come off kinda jerky. That's not my intent. The brackets are super durable and I hope someone can benefit from the notes I posted.
    Last edited by s1xty7; 12-01-2014 at 03:15 AM.