Thread: Pre-Lift apprehensions, questions, and more questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Pre-Lift apprehensions, questions, and more questions

Those are swaybar relocation brackets.
    4 U bolts are needed, but maybe one set is for a dana 35 and the other is for the crysler 8.25
    You probably wont know about shackles until you get your old springs removed.
    Not sure about wheels. The farther they stick out the quicker they will wear the wheel bearings as far as I understand. That being said you could get 100k miles out of them or 10k. You really never know. I believe mine are backspaced at 4.50 and I am needing to replace my front wheel bearing right now. I dont believe its because of the wheels though, more along the lines of normal wear and tear.

One rule of thumb when it comes to XJs, when you tear it apart, you will almost always need something else. That is just they way it goes on an 18 year old vehicle. Yes its annoying, but if you expect it, it isnt so bad.

Before you do an SYE or a t-case drop, put the lift on and drive it. You may get lucky. And you may just need to set the pinion angle of the rear diff.

If I were in your shoes, I would get me a bottle of cheap transmission fluid and acetone (search for home made penatrating oil) and mix a 50/50 solution and start soaking anything you are going to be unbolting. Mainly the front leaf spring bolts, they can be a real b!tch most of the time. And I mean soak them.

From the pictures of the kit, it looks pretty complete. The wrench looks like a spanner wrench for some flex joints. Are there 2 sets of lower control arms or is that a set of upper and lower control arms?

One thing I dont see there is a set of Quick Disconnects for the front sway bar. I would highly recommend a set of those and ditch the (Brackets) for some adjustment in a set of JKS quick discos.

If this post confuses you, please let me know so I can clarify.

It might not hurt to give Rough Country a call and get a new set of instructions.
    Last edited by BlackYeti; 04-07-2013 at 12:06 AM.