ok, finally. The dimming symptom on my radio and odometer stopped and then I noticed that the parking light was not working. There short in the system must have finally gone in full effect because I had no idea which light was causing issues since everything was working. I knew the bulb was good because I replaced all of the bulbs in the circuit (i.e. the parking bulbs on the front and both rear). I even took the good bulb from the driver side which I know both filiaments work...parking and brake. I cut the black wire which I assumed was the ground. Then I cut the brown wire which must be the power for the parking lights. With the brake pressed, I touched the black wire to the brown, and interestingly the parking filament turned on. So, that made me rule out that the black wire (ground) was still good. I ended up just taking some wire and ran it from the brown wire to the driver side and spliced in to the brown wire. Finally, both brake lights and tail lights on both sides now work. But to me, this is a ghetto way to fix it. Is there a right way to fix this?