Thread: Thrills and Spills

Default Thrills and Spills

This thread was inspired by a redbull vid on youtube.
    I (and others I'm sure) would like to hear your story of how you bit the dust not just on your jeeps but how ever it happened.
    I'll start although i don't have any pics.
    Just over 9 years ago i had an enduro (Yamaha TW200).
    It started when I got out of work at 7:00PM. I knew i only had an hour or so of daylight, so rushed out to the local trails road around and had a good time and when the sun started setting I headed back home.But it seemed like the sun was beating me I was doing about 60mph on a rocky trail and when i was about a block away some how i hit a big boulder i didn't notice, and up up and away there i go flying through the air. i couldn't tell you how far i went but i do remember rolling through the ground and seeing the enduro coming behind me. When i could finally get up I noticed my right wrist and left elbow swollen atlest 3 times their normal size. Needless to say I couldn't pick up my bike and walked home bleeding everywhere and was taken to the hospital. My neighbor hat to go pick up my bike from where i left it.

This was the vid that brought flashbacks, although these are mountain bikes.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqqdGIgyk0"]YouTube - New World Disorder 10 trailer - "Dust and Bones"[/ame]
    '94 XJ Country
    4.5" Rough Country lift
    31x10.50x15 BFGoodrich M/T's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Hatchetman017

Ouch!!

Lets see, years back my ex-husband tried to teach me how to ride his bike (yamaha something or other) Well all I was used to was thumb throttle 4-wheelers, so getting used to the twist throttle was something really new. Lets just say I took off by myself, panicked, grabbed tighter on the throttle, couldn't remember to hit the kill switch, got off the trail, hit a stump at full throttle, went flying over the handle bars, hit the dirt face first, at that point I couldn't see anything, but I could still hear the bike, so I thought for sure the darn thing was comming to finish me off, so I crawled on my hands and knees as fast as I could around a tree to hide, my husband came running, thinking he had killed me for sure, I was fine, but the bike needed minor surgery after I got done with it, so now I just stick to thumb throttles!!

1996 classic -4.0 - NP231j with OMIX SYE with Tom Woods Drive Shaft - HP D30 - C8.25 - 3.55 Gears - 6.5 RC lift - M/T 35x12.5x15 Baja Claws On M/T Black Signature Series Wheel 15x10 cast Aluminum -Rusty Front Prerunner Bumper - Smittybelt RXC8 8,500LBS in Front and Champion 10,000LBS in Rear - Custom Rear Bumper - Iron Rock Off Road OTK Steering - Cut Fenders- Crystal Clear H/L Housing with 8K HIDS - Bed lined Rockers and Quarters-

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

wow that is pretty good. all they need is a motor on the bike and then it would be realy good.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_