Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Zone robbery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Auto Zone robbery

How about next time they have the corporate ninnies tell the armed robbers their policy. I wonder how they would feel if it were them in that managers position. I bet the policy might just change.

It's amazing to me how some of these people believe that criminals will follow gun control laws. The only people that will follow gun control laws will be the people you WANT to have guns, just like this hero employee. I saw a video on facebook the other day showing an internet cafe... There was a man that came in with a gun and an old man with a CHL pulled his firearm and saved everybody's lives. THAT'S what we need in this country. Criminals would think twice about robbery if we all were allowed to defend ourselves.

[ame]http://youtu.be/YTct7OB_n78[/ame]
    Last edited by Brasscatz; 12-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.

I think that is BS... Funny thing about it... I talked to the AZ managers in my area, which happens to be four of them that I pass on my way home from work, and none of them said they ever heard anything about said rule... so I don't think that it is really a widely known rule in the first place... and on top of that... it's not like he just brought it in to show off, or to clean or anything like that... the only reason he even had it in the store in the first place was to stop a robbery and save a co-worker/friend.... I mean hell if they were worried about their associates using a gun to kill a robber and then have that robber's family turn around and sue.... then they should probably put all items like the Club (steering wheel lock), crow bars, torque wrenches and other possible weapons in a locked cage, so that if needed an associate couldn't use one of them to defend himself, the store or co-workers and possibly kill a would-be robber causing a lawsuit... I think that rule is complete BS, and hope that the Facebook page where people are signing this petition to get this very much justified in his actions, vetran his job back.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Ok let me start by saying I worked for Chief Auto for 21yrs and the policy has remained the same after the Autozone buy out. He knew what he was doing was against policy. However he also has military training , this can take over in a hostile situation and his reaction was probably just "normal" responce to this situation. I do not believe that he should have been terminated , but offered counciling to see if this was a PTSO reaction. I think it may have been.If you kick in enough doors in a hostile enviorment certian things become second nature,trust me its true. As for the parts issue , I think that NAPA has the best quality in the business. Autozone probably the best pricing structure and O'rielly's the worst rotating electrical. My personal choice is the dealer for factory parts, do the research and you will find they are not that much more and sometimes cheaper. lastly .. If I could have gotten to a weapon during that situation ........
    Aint got no whistle, don't belch out smoke, but my V10 aint no joke !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12