Hi Folks:
I see this is an old thread, but it fits my Jeep! 1990, Renix. Was running low on gas, stopped into a gas station, got 20 bucks worth, gauge came up to 3/4, normal.
Pulled out of there, a hundred yards later I'm pulling over and onto a side street because it's running rough.
I feather the throttle and it's running, but will not take a poke. It slows and stalls. I drift into an open field. Mud puddles all over, of course..
It's cranking fine, no start. I can't hear the pump. I can usually hear it a little.. So I'm underneath tugging and jiggling the connector by the pump. turn the key, no start. I press that fuel pressure test valve, like the tire valve. I get just air. I hit the key a few times. Still just air.. No start.
So, I get out my buck-knife and cut a length of coax, because I'm a Ham and have more wires and junk than anything.. I strip the splice I made years ago, when a mouse ate the B+ wire between that connector and the tank. I tapped into that, ran the wire inside, and connected it to a B+ wire that runs the ham radio. I can hear the pump running. I press that valve again, and get a bunch of vapor, I hold it a few seconds, then gas!
I turn the key and it starts! Runs fine! Disconnect that wire, and it stalls. So, I guess it's the relay. I seen a beautiful illustration here that I found with Google, which is why I'm here, now. I didn't know which relay feeds the pump.
Now, I have a brick resistor on the driver-side inner fender. Does this feed the pump? It's broke.. Well, it's broke from the fender, but the wires are still attached. It's been like this for a while. Kinda cold here, now, and I seen a post here on snow coming. Not a daily driven vehicle, so it can wait.
Thanks!
Hydro