Thread: Suspension Bushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Suspension Bushes

Looking for peoples short and long term experiences with the following U.S brands, rear spring bushes, control arm bushes etc.

Also a bit of background/history on the manufacturers would be appreciated ..

Moog

Raybestos

AC Delco

Thanks ... but dont bother with omix-ada comments .. ... Ive got enough comments of my own, about 'em .. .. ..
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

Default Re: Suspension Bushes

Moog makes good stuff
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Moog is the best out of those brands, in my opinion

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

There is only one brand name to remember for bushings ... MOOG Raybestos is great for brake pads and shoes. AC DELCO is owned by an automobile manufacturer and is good for electrical parts like alternators.

the history: The Moog Story

Over fifty years ago, we started as designer and supplier of aircraft and missile components. Today, our motion control technology enhances performance in a variety of markets and applications, from commercial aircraft cockpits, to power-generation turbines, to Formula One racing, to medical infusion systems.

Our culture supports our talented people, allowing them to approach their work with energy, enthusiasm, and the promise of success.

Our history begins with our founder, William C. Moog – inventor, entrepreneur and visionary. In 1951, Bill Moog developed the electro-hydraulic servovalve, a device that translates tiny, electrical impulses into precise and powerful movement. In July of 1951, Bill, his brother Arthur, and Lou Geyer, rented a corner of the abandoned Proner Airport in East Aurora and formed the Moog Valve Company.

In the fall of 1997, Bill Moog passed away. In a tribute to Bill shortly after his death, Bob Brady, Chairman and CEO, had this to say about our Company:

"Every day an extraordinary group of people come together to devote their time and energy to build the best product of its type built anywhere in the world...and to deliver that product to the most demanding customers in the world."

"Those customers can be assured that the product bearing Bill's name is the best product that mankind can make...and it will be better next month, and better next year. This is our lasting tribute to Bill."
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 11-16-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail