Hey guys. I haven't been here since, well a few months ago. Not sure what happened but it went from July to November and I seem to have lost a few months somewhere in there.
Anyway, the Jeep has been reluctant to start ever since I got it, but has gotten worse the last few weeks. Once it starts it runs like a champ. Initially I thought fuel pump and it just wasn't getting gas up there, but then I also realized that when I go a few days without driving the jeep the next time out she fires right up. If it was a fuel pump I would think it would be much more consistant. I've also noticed it seems to be running a little rich and a couple other things. Anyway, I figured some plugs and wires would be good for her. Then I decided while I'm at it I may as well do cap and rotor. Then I decided while I'm at that, should I throw on a new coil?
So my questions, should I put a new coil on it? As far as I know it's the original from 1993/85k miles. What do you recommend for one? Without breaking the bank, is there really much difference in brands of plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil? It looks like I can do all of those for about 100.
Does that sound about right?