Thread: Slip yoke eliminator

Default Slip yoke eliminator

I'm looking for a slip yoke eliminator for my 94 xj, but i'm affraid of buying the wrong one, how can I figure out how to get the right one. What site would be the one I need to go to, does anybody know. I put a ford 8.8 rearend on my jeep and I'm running 35's on it now but when I can I'm gonna be getting 33x12.5x15 hopefully soon. Plus what would be the right gear ratio , i'm useing it for work and some decent offroading for now.
    Thank you for any and all help.

Default Re: slip yoke eliminator

What transfer case are you running?
    Do it once, do it right....

95 Xj Sport
    2" Old Man Emu / IRO lift
    IRO SYE
    Airflow Snorkel
    Full limited interior

as far as a slip yoke eliminator, you can save yourself some money and some work if you get a yj slip yoke instead of a slip yoke eliminator. they are little bit longer and they're made for steeper angles. as first gear ratio goes with 35's you would probably want 4.56, but for highway driving you might want 4.10 with 33's to maximize fuel efficiency.

How much lift are you going to run and which tcase are you running?
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Default Re: Slip yoke eliminator

I'm not for sure on what T-case it is yet, I'm tryin to see if the T-case from my 89 full-size bronco will fit just out of cariousity I'm going to put 6.5 lift coil springs on the front this wk, and I've got 9 leafs in the back, once I can get a/the right t-case going I plan on running just slightly longer hangers on the leafs to help soften the ride in the back. I really don't want it up any higher just softer rideing. It is at this point my only ride, and I use it for work as a driver which see's a lot of hwy. I'm just mainly tryin to get it winter ready, I live out in the boon docks and we do get some bad weather in my area yr round. As soon as I can afford some 33's they will be going on asap. I already know I'm gonna be driveing the most in the bad weather days than the other drivers will, or going place where they can't so I'm tryin really hard to get her up right for once.
    Thank you all and any ideas you got for what else I should do, please help. I do build my own parts but do have a metal shop here too. 12 miles away one way but do have one.

Default Re: Slip yoke eliminator

Steve, there is a tag on the back of the case. It has some numbers on it. One will be the low range gear ratio and the other will be the number of the case.

As far as the Bronco case, it is a D20 left hand drop if it is an early case and a Borg/Warner if later. IIRC, neither spline count on the input will match your output spline on the transmission. I know the early D20 bolt pattern will not match either and I don't think the later Borg/Warner case will either. The best you could do for a gear type case is run a flipped D300 out of an 80s CJ
    Last edited by 4.3LXJ; 11-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff