Glad to have xj talk as a resource. I have a very nice 1996 XJ 4.0L classic 4 door, the 96 is my third XJ, I had an '85 and '90. I also have a 2008 F250, and a 2012 Harley Davidson Fat Bob in flat black with the 103 motor. All are kept in a very nice garage/shop that is heated and air conditioned when necessary.

My XJ has 250k miles on her and is my daily driver. The interior is tired, bushings and running gear just generally tired. She is good looking, has a new Ford white paint job with black trim, and 3 coats of clear. She is very dependable in all weather conditions. For years the 4.0 ran at 195/200 degrees as steady as can be, now she is having a hard time staying at 210 and will sometimes run at 230 on hot days, air conditioning is leaking and she has some other old age foibles. It is time to start replacing and upgrading. May take motor out for a rebuild, ?roller rockers, KN cold air, a bit of billet, and fine paint job, and put it back in a dressed up engine compartment - treat her as well as she has treated me for so many years. Looking to stay as close to stock as possible, the stock lace wheels seem impossible to find though, cant seem to locate thicker sway bars, etc, etc. This car will remain my daily driver, she can go down the highway at 70mph in a snow storm with 6" on the road as easy as she can on a summer day.

If there is ever a company that can screw something up it seems to be chrysler, I mean Mercedes, no Fiat....whats next, TATA. So stupid to discontinue the XJ I think. And talk of moving production to China or Italy must be motivated by some kind of drug.

Looking forward to making new friends on XJ Talk and sharing experiences and ideas on XJ rebuilding. Thank you.