I decided it was time to make something, this happens every now and then, I get the urge to make something even if I don't need it.
I have a 95 Xj which has the valid "cracked chassis" recall available but as yet it hasn't been required, I only run 30" tyres (may consider 31's at some point but no bigger) and still run stock offset rims and with only a 2" lift this is not really going to stress the front end too much but better to prevent an issue then to try and repair it.....

So I started with this...

A donor Xj was stripped of its front section...

After a brace was welded in place to retain the size and to keep it all rigid to work on....

So now I can work on it on the bench.

So with the clip in the workshop I could work out which mounts I could use, the factory bullbar used the large hole nearest the rear of the car, this is ironic considering it was an lloy bar, the ARB steel bar only uses the 3 front bumper bar mountings and the ones on the front crossmember which is quite flimsy....

So I planned to use the OEM bullbar points as well as the large hole in the middle by machining some steel bar to join the inside and outside plates together, note this is a bolt on mod, no welding to the car will be considered...

So some plates were cut for inside and outside of each rail....

The plates were drilled and countersunk for the steel inserts to be welded into...

It even appears to line up....

That is always a good start...

JJ