So i'm debating how I should go about this axle thing. Actually selling the 8.25 that is. I've got a boat load of money into. Should I just sell it as is and be up front about the gears being jacked and take a major hit or get gears legitimately put into it and sell it complete? I'm not sure how warranty will be handled on this R&P. Everyone has said it goes back to the installer and how it was set up. But considering that this guy that did the install built a KOH rig and his own 80' toyota pickup and numerous other jeeps and yotas. I can't quite see putting blame on the install. And apparently its the pinion gear thats jacked not the ring gear.
Being the honest cat that I am. I wouldn't sell it in it's current condition and pan it off as good to go. I couldn't sleep at night. But I want to recoop the most amount of coin for it. It's trussed, locker, 1541 shafts, new shoes/pads, RuffStuff diff cover, all new seals. I'da been happy as a clam had this panned out better. I think the 8.25 is plenty strong and kind of an under dog of an axle. So I really wanted to run it. But that's not the case. What y'all think?