So here's an update for the old Jeep.

A few weeks ago I picked up a '99+ Cherokee intake manifold to put in the Jeep for a little smoother airflow, haven't installed it yet though. I need to get it cleaned up and buy the o-ring kit for the thunderbird injectors I got from PnS months ago so I can do those at the same time.

I finally bought a cb radio a couple weeks ago and with lot of help from a friend got it installed last week. This weekend I spent some time dressing the wires, installing the external cb speaker.

The 5 foot whip (the tip sits at about 9'3"):

Mounted the mic bracket:

Finished mounting position for the radio:

I dressed the wires through and under the carpet:

Overhead console where I mounted the external speaker (in the garage opener slot), before modification:

Had to do some trimming to allow the speaker to fit. It's pretty rough because it was my first time using a Dremel tool. All the rough edges got covered up once the speaker was in:

Got the speaker bracket in. Had to cut slotted holes so that I could adjust the backet to line up with the speaker when I put it in.

How it looked from the back. I had to cut out the front wall of the slot to get the speaker bracket in the right position

Finished look with the speaker installed:

Overhead console installed back in the Jeep (aren't my drapery ceilings lovely?) I ran the wire across the ceiling to the passenger a-pillar then down and under the carpet to the radio

Just a cool view of how everything looks at night:

Then I got to work on the bumper trimming. Initially I just cut off the lip on the very bottom of the bumper to figure out what tools worked best for cutting. I had read that sheet metal shears work GREAT for this but personally they didn't work for me past about the first 2 inches. The blades were too thick and the bumper plastic too inflexible to continue cutting. So I switched over to the dremel tool and after trying a few different blades, found one that worked. I did have to stop about halfway through for about 30 minutes to let the dremel cool down because it was getting really hot. Here's a pic of the first cut, installed on the Jeep:

Here's a pic of the final cut before install (waiting for it to be light and not rainy outside so I can get a good installed pic, I'll update when I've got one)

I did the rough cut with the dremel and then went back and used my box cutter to smooth all the cuts out and clean everything up.

I also got the 136 amp alternator installed this weekend and was surprised and happy to find that I didn't have to modify the bracket at all for it to fit. Everything just bolted right up.