I guess the question stems from this... We as followers of Christ, are suppose to completely die to ourselves. That means everything we do should be for Him in some way. What religion am i? I don't do denominations... I am a follower of Christ. I am not just a fan that sits on the sidelines, watching people in the game. I am on the field. Yes at times I become a fan, because its a lot easier to sit in the stands and watch, than it is to train daily spiritually and mentally, to be prepared and equippedfor the battle on the field. It can be exhausting and uncomfortable. But Jesus doesn't want fans... He wants completely commuted followers. So what should following Jesus cost me? Everything... My life...
We have it so easy here in the USA. The only persecution most of is deal with is by words. People stay away, family, friends, loved ones. It is a struggle to die to myself every day. I want things, I am selfish, I am greedy, I think people owe me, my ways seem more important at times. It is not an easy route. 3 forces against us, the world, Satan, and our flesh. The world can be easy to ignore, the evil of Satan can be easy to resist, but the flesh? Ugh... The only thing that can separate me from Gods love, is me.

Nate
<><