Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle body spacer install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Throttle body spacer install

i have an AirRaid version (have to double check the made its annodized red like that) and the inner diameter is smaller than the Throttle ID .. so i hesitated to put mine on. I thought there might be some obvious restriction to flow.
    Other than that, i figgured these would like the atomization spray patter on a spray gun.. the more you pull away from the contact surface the more spray coverage .. but thats just my guess-timation

i busted my first post cherry

That only works with carburated motors not direct injection.

Air is air.The spacer creates a larger area around the throttle body creating a larger intake, do this with a bored out 62 = increased volume of air, more air better burn, add a cold air induction system,which allows for a better flow = more air. look at your air box that little hole in the front is all thats allowing air to get in. More air better burn like blowers, superchargers and turbos ,all air.

So would this work on my 2001 cherokee xj limited? Would I get better mpg?

also would I get better mpg if I got rid of my air box and had an open system?

I can see this working for a carb or TBI, but I can't see a benefit when the fuel is injected into the cylinder, it doesn't create more air volume like boring a TB, and doesn't change atomization of the fuel. I think it's hype.
    That's just my

I have one that came with my 96' havn't installed it yet. I was concerned about the breather tube to hood clearance. This unit does increse air velocity so a little ram effect.

Mine does make the tube slightly rub the insulation on the hood, its minimal though.

dagr8tim is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Holy back from the dead.

I don't really understand how a TB spacer on an EFI car gains anything except plenum volume. That being said, I got my 2000+ 4.0 intake with TB from a wrecking yard for 40. This also gives more plenum volume and was cheaper.

Other thoughts are that if you had a spare TB gasket, you could probably get a machinist to whip up a spacer alot cheaper.

Personally, I'm going to have my spare TB bored and gasket match the intake & TB.
    97 XJ SE with afew stock parts
    97 TJ SE with fewer stock parts

the spacer give you more air behind the valves so at higher rpm it wont run short on air and you get a better burn. now if you can raise the air preser so more air will flod the cyl. when the valves open (like a blower) even better.
    Think of it like a dam and the water behind it the valves are the dam the manifold is the resaver you want as much water behind the dam so when it opens you can make power non stop.So bigger intake manifold and bigger and cooler intake airtube and more preser more hp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12