Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overheating Issues

Default Re: Overheating Issues

Well, i replaced the fan clutch. First time driving after i was going down the highway at 65 and looked down. The temp was 250so i pulled it off and shut it down. When it was cooling, the upper radiator hose collapsed for a little but after maybe 20 minutes returned to normal. The overflow filled up as well but didn't spill over. Once it cooled enough i headed back and turned on the heat. It did good at speed but once i hit the lights and stop signs it began to climb again. Shut it down again and while i was letting it cool i hotwired the auxiliary fan and it did great from there all the way home.

Later that day i got and replaced the radiator cap cause of that hose collapsing. Drove it later to get food and it still got the temp higher. This time i wasn't going over 30 and the temp slowly rose till it got to 220 and the auxiliary fan cuts on (i had plugged it back in) and it very slowly started to cool and got back low enough to where the fan shut off. Was home then.

So what would cause the hose to collapse? I have always heard of the lower hose collapsing if there's no spring or the spring is damaged, but never the upper.

Last edited by XJ Wheeler; 04-09-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Default Re: Overheating Issues

My upper hose use to collapse. I replaced with a new hose, and took out the tstat at same time. Never had a cooling problem after that. Not saying you should dirve a DD without a tstat ( I would though). But if you do ditch the tstat make sure you put a washer or something in there to restrict water flow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123