PDA

View Full Version : Loose RC track bar

prcjeep
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Well I've looked around under the front end my my Jeep and it looks like my upper mount for my track bar is loose/failing. Its the ball joint on the frame type mount. Does anyone have a replacement part number for this? Perhaps an upgrade is needed but i'ld rather not yet.

The ball joint seems to be loose itself. The castle nut is tight on the stud but i can press up and down on the track bar and it movesup and down in the joint. The stud and nut do not move. Could this be a cause for my death wobble??
Share your thoughts!

Mudderoy
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Well I've looked around under the front end my my Jeep and it looks like my upper mount for my track bar is loose/failing. Its the ball joint on the frame type mount. Does anyone have a replacement part number for this? Perhaps an upgrade is needed but i'ld rather not yet.

The ball joint seems to be loose itself. The castle nut is tight on the stud but i can press up and down on the track bar and it movesup and down in the joint. The stud and nut do not move. Could this be a cause for my death wobble??
Share your thoughts!

My OEM track bar was moving there, and making a popping noise. This is why I replaced it with the Rough Country.

prcjeep
02-27-2012, 05:07 AM
My OEM track bar was moving there, and making a popping noise. This is why I replaced it with the Rough Country.

This is a rough country track bar... Would I have to pay full price to upgrade to their better track bar? lift has only been on there for a year...

Mudderoy
02-27-2012, 08:57 AM
This is a rough country track bar... Would I have to pay full price to upgrade to their better track bar? lift has only been on there for a year...

I would take a picture, or video of the issue, e-mail them explaining the problem, and a receipt for the track bar. If you recall I took mine off road tried to make it up an embankment and bent mine. They just needed a picture and they had a replacement at my house in less than a week!

I have the updated heavy duty RC track bar now. Customer service top notch!

bigjim350
02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Just call them and they will send u a new tre that it uses. They have to send me one every 3months or so for mine. They will also give u the part # for it incase u need to buy one at an autoparts store in an emergency type situation.

Sent from my VM670

4.3LXJ
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Wow, every three months? What's up with that?

Mudderoy
02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, every three months? What's up with that?

lol...

unofficial RC stress testing squad...

4.3LXJ
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe they should hire Jim as a tester for R&D

prcjeep
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Suppose i'll give them a call... Gotta dig up my lift kit invoice :confused:

bigjim350
02-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Well the track bar they sent for my 6.5" lift is advertised on their site for up to a 4" lift. They wont send me the one they now have for there 6.5" lift unless i pay for it. But im a cheapskate.

bluedragon436
02-28-2012, 09:03 AM
If you contact RC, with or without a picture they will send you a new TRE... When I bought my RC trac bar, it was used, and they sent me a new TRE for it no questions asked.. But if you contact them, especially with a picture of it, and the invoice of it showing you haven't had your lift installed for long, they might send you a Heavy Duty Trac Bar instead of just the TRE..

prcjeep
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Well I contacted RC today.
First I tried live chatting them on their website and they were very slow, finally he said that he was on the phone and to give him a minute. I waited like ten and asked if calling would be better. So I did.
Anyways I described my problem to them and they said that since my lift is a year old and its the tie rod end on the track bar that is worn out that it is not going to be a warrentee fix. :(
He did give me a replacement part number for it. ES140R. This part number he said was for Napa auto. However the part number is pretty much universal for all manufacturers. Well i shopped around and saw that Napa had the best price for it and paid $18.50 or so with a AAA 10% discount.

4.3LXJ
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
I talked to Mark at Payless 4X4, one of our vendors about this. He says that track bar was basically junk. The rod ends always fail. You need to keep a spare for it handy.

prcjeep
02-29-2012, 12:30 AM
I heard same thing from someone on here... will upgrade my trackbar soon