PDA

View Full Version : Update front window swap into a pre-update

junglejuice
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi guys, I have a 1995 Xj sport with electric windows and would like to find out what is involved in swapping in some front windows out of an update xj also with electric windows.
Has anybody got any info on this?
I would prefer to use my current doors but if need be I can get hold of the update doors but would require painting, I also want to use my current interior.
Basically I just want rid of the quarter glass with chinging the least amount of gear as possible....

Any thoughts?

Cheers, JJ

XJ4IV
02-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I THINK you can just remove the glass from the old including the quarter piece and bolt in the new glass... it is VERY extensive workand I think yo uhave to obtain the late model weather stripping as well... I have done a major late model upgrade on my jeep however I left the dash and windows out of it... I found NO benefit to loosing the quarter windows... makes for VERY handy on hot raining days to just open that small glass and have the air blow at you directly LOL

junglejuice
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I THINK you can just remove the glass from the old including the quarter piece and bolt in the new glass... it is VERY extensive workand I think yo uhave to obtain the late model weather stripping as well... I have done a major late model upgrade on my jeep however I left the dash and windows out of it... I found NO benefit to loosing the quarter windows... makes for VERY handy on hot raining days to just open that small glass and have the air blow at you directly LOL

The quarter glass doesn't open though so it just leaves a small main window...

4.3LXJ
02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
You can change that out for the wind wing if you want. It is a bolt in.

junglejuice
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
You can change that out for the wind wing if you want. It is a bolt in.

What is a wind wing?

bigjim350
02-23-2012, 04:24 PM
He is talking about a wing vent window. On some of the xj's that little window opens

Sent from my VM670

Carves
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks like you're undertaking another fun project JJ .. ;) .. :thumbsup:

What is a wind wing?

Wind Wing --> Quarter Vent,
Hood ---> Bonnet
Valve Cover ---> Tappet Cover

... and lots, lots more ....

I think Mr Mudderoy ought to offer yet another XJTalk innovation ....

Like an automatic ... Yankee --->Aussie, translation programme .... :D:D

junglejuice
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah maybe another project Carves but we will see...

junglejuice
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
He is talking about a wing vent window. On some of the xj's that little window opens

Sent from my VM670

Xj's here in Oz were only available from '94 onwards, none had an opening quarter glass...