PDA

View Full Version : Random off topic question.

bigjim350
02-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Why do people feel the need to blur or cover thier license plates when they post pics? What do they think people are gonna do? You cant blur it out while your driving it around.

cantab27
02-18-2012, 02:05 AM
over him jim ya can trace the plate on carjam site, find out where ya live and go help ya self....scum surf local sites just for that...has happened heaps here

cantab27
02-18-2012, 02:09 AM
you been looking at my wrangler pics again....................

bigjim350
02-18-2012, 03:41 AM
well there are websites to do that here too. so you blurred it on the pic....how you gonna stop somebody from writing it down while they are driving behind you?

Mudderoy
02-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Why do people feel the need to blur or cover thier license plates when they post pics? What do they think people are gonna do? You cant blur it out while your driving it around.

I've wondered this too, my fav however is the swirl, or the hurricane!

4.3LXJ
02-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Most people can't find me even with directions:rolleye0012:

XJ4IV
02-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree I thinks kinda of retarded for the folks who dont have anything done Ive seen thousands of those that are blurred out and DUH its not like its private... matter of fact a license plate doesnt even belong to the vehicle owner it belongs to the state!

Brasscatz
02-18-2012, 06:08 PM
It's kind of like people who put their phone number on their facebook profiles, or they download apps to their smart phone. Most apps require permissions to access calls and phone numbers... they now have all the numbers to your friends and family and they can send advertising to them... and tracking cookies on your internet browser so they can personalize your advertising experience! There is only so much one person can do to protect themselves, but there's always a way to get the info. I honestly believe my truck was stolen because I advertised it on Ebay and Craigslist and all it said was Hurst, Texas... but it was very easy to find. I advertised all the awesome stuff on/in it, and somebody came and got it. My plate was blurred too.

Carves
02-19-2012, 02:11 AM

Main difference being, IMHO ....

Someone may pay attention to the plate while you're driving around ....

Whereas some thieving mongrel or overzealous traffic authority can just look through your .... Look what I did to my XJ today piccies .... till they find something of interest.

Down here the main issue is modifications outside the permitted parameters .... as even 30 x 9.5 tyres on an XJ can get you in strife if they are in a bad mood.

.... and as for driving on a "closed" road .... :rolleyes:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/250411-5702.jpg