PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Blanca trail, Colorado

KH96XJ
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I camp for a week some summers not to far from the sand dunes and I am looking at the possibility of taking my jeep up this year and have Medano pass as something easy to do and Mt. Blanca is the next closest. Looking for some first hand experience with this trail and how their rig was setup from those who have taken their XJ up it. Or at least a minimun setup for an XJ to make it as I hear it is fairly difficult.

4.3LXJ
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I can't speak for Mt Blanca, but as for sand you can have a lot of fun with a set of radial street tires aired down to 12 - 15 psi. You would be amazed at how well they do.

KH96XJ
02-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Medano pass trail does go through part of the sand dunes park, but I don't know how much. Still have to find out if its still open as there was some rumors I saw someplace about closing it down due to the people who chose to damage the trail in certain areas. I've seen the videos of Mt. Blanca trail, and the rigs are fairly well built and I would expect them to make it.

http://youtu.be/BnKRS9N80bw

I did just find this video of what looks to be closer to stock Totally Nuts Jeepin Mt Blanca - YouTube

4.3LXJ
02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
All I can say is big lift, lockers and tall tires and a winch