PDA

View Full Version : LC Mounts welded on

Metlic53
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I called up an off road shop in magnolia called texas truckworks to see if they can weld up my new lower control arm mounts, they need to take the old ones off and install the new ones. They quoted me 270 bucks out the door. I would do it myself but dont have a welder, This sound like a good price? i was figuring 150 but if its hard to set it up correctly i'll spend the coin on it, just wanted to know yalls opinion on that first.

xj4life2
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Whats thier shop rate cus ours is $96.00hr and that seems kinds high to me for that job. here would be two hours max or $192.00. its not a technical job cut off the old and install the new ones , they go back in the same place. anyway rant off just hate to see price abuse.

DETOURS
02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Little stiff......but after Mark saying $92 an hour, wow.......wow.......plus theres the California 9.8% sales tax? .....WOW!

No wonder I get soooo many calls from California.......

XJ4IV
02-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I called up an off road shop in magnolia called texas truckworks to see if they can weld up my new lower control arm mounts, they need to take the old ones off and install the new ones. They quoted me 270 bucks out the door. I would do it myself but dont have a welder, This sound like a good price? i was figuring 150 but if its hard to set it up correctly i'll spend the coin on it, just wanted to know yalls opinion on that first.

that is WAY overpriced... that axle I sold you had aftermarket ones from ballistic fab burned on totalling 110 from GulfCoast Crawl Shop

Metlic53
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
yeah i figured that was a little high, ive called two shops and one was 270 for labor only and the other was 250 for labor only. I'll keep looking around....maybe i'll find a deal.

XJ4IV
02-15-2012, 08:25 PM
yeah i figured that was a little high, ive called two shops and one was 270 for labor only and the other was 250 for labor only. I'll keep looking around....maybe i'll find a deal.

try crawlshop... also called javiers, Dave was my connection there but he moved on recently but just tell him what I told yo about my deal and Im sure you will get the same deal! the shop is in houston on clay road near gessner I cannot recall the exact cross street but very close to gessner
put 29.832454,-95.525808 into google search maps

xj4life2
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Little stiff......but after Mark saying $92 an hour, wow.......wow.......plus theres the California 9.8% sales tax? .....WOW!

No wonder I get soooo many calls from California.......

Yup its tough out here, tax is only 7.25% and the reason you get so many call is cus I keep givin out your number and web site lol lol