PDA

View Full Version : Gauge cluster Upgradable?

rdebevoise
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
i got a 95 xj 2wd nothing fancy 4.0 auto 4 door. now i have the gauge cluster that has all dummy lights i was wondering if i took a cluster from a grand cherokee the same year with sweep gauges if it would bolt right up and use the same electrical harness.

i did this with my 90 f150 took the base model cluster out and put the permium one in and it was just a swap i wanted to be sure this was the same b4 i go pick one up and rip the dash apart.

thanks.
rich

XJ Wheeler
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
It is possible, just not with a grand cherokee cluster. Since yours is a '95 you can get one from a '91-'96 cherokee (xj). You will also need to swap out the oil pressure and temperature sending units, but make sure you get sending units made to work with gauges (not lights).

XJ Rat
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I believe a Grand Cherokee has a totally different cluster. You need one out of an XJ.

Check this link out http://jeepin.com/features/gaugeswap .

rdebevoise
02-13-2012, 08:35 AM
thanks guys. i just said grand cherokee because i was gettin some parts in the junkyard n seen it had that style cluster. not i got to see if i can get the cover off the colum the guy b4 me garilla glued it together.

i have when people who know nothing about fixing carsor trucks trys doing it n half ass it

anyway thanks again