PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Plans?

Cwish
02-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Anyone know where I can get bumper plans for a front steel bumper. I got a guy that can CNC the pieces but I can't find plans

bluedragon436
02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
About the only way I know of getting plans would be, to see if you can't sweet talk a company.. but they most likely won't cough them up.. or you can search online through people's builds and see if any of them drew out plans and posted them up.. Most folks don't really draw out plans when they build bumpers, as they are usually only building the one..

LizardRunner
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
You will probably have to draw your own plans. What I would recomend is making templates out of cardboard so you can fit the pieces together then make the drawings from your template measurements or if you have a cad program just draw one in it and give him the drawings on a CD. There are a few good cad programs out there that aren't expensive, some that are free to try and use but limited until you make the purchase.

denverd1
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Google sketch is pretty damn cool for being a free program. Not sure you can get dimensions into the drawing but it's all 3D and pretty neat for a free download. I'm sure you find how to show the dimensions, the project I was working on got put on the back burner and I just haven't spent enough time in it to figure it out.

denverd1
02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
ran across this article:
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1613