PDA

View Full Version : New gun

cherok
02-10-2012, 12:00 PM
In the army I have my own rifle for when the zombies are coming.

To protect our home I bought a new rifle that can also be used by my daughter for when the zombies are coming.

First she have to learn all the safety rules before we put pullets in the rifle.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-WDG4FPTA.jpghttp://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-8JNJXEYN.jpg
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-LSPV78IE.jpg

The rifle is a Crosman 1077 with a Hawke Sport Dot good for small zombies.

:banghead: :sniper:

bluedragon436
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice.. She even has the laying position correct.. I'm sure that can be some fun to play with!!

steph74
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
cool, always train them to safety first..... wether it is a high caliber or a pellet gun...

prerunner1982
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Sweet.. I got my daughter a BB pistol for Christmas. I want to her to be proficient with all types of weapons. She already has a sword she is great with. She can beat the tar out of something/someone with bo staff and escrime sticks too.. or anything laying around that may resemble those weapons (broom/mop handles, sticks, etc). Never hurts to know how to handle a firearm though, in fact I would have no problem with her having a concealed carry when she is old enough either.

LizardRunner
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Gun? isn't that considered a rifle? The DI's I had only used the term gun for a particular part of human anatomy.:rolleye0012:
That's a very sweet looking Pellet weapon and I like her form in the prone position.

4.3LXJ
02-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Gun? isn't that considered a rifle? The DI's I had only used the term gun for a particular part of human anatomy.:rolleye0012:
That's a very sweet looking Pellet weapon and I like her form in the prone position.

Your DI needs an update. A gun has a barrel over an inch in diameter. Hence, it is on wheels, it is a gun.

saar
02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Amazing :)
I never thought about showing my Glock to my kids :)

4.3LXJ
02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I grew up around lots of weapons, most for hunting. I was taught from the earliest age to respect and use them safely. I was about 7 years old when I shot a shot gun the first time. A little earlier for a 38 special.

LizardRunner
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Your DI needs an update. A gun has a barrel over an inch in diameter. Hence, it is on wheels, it is a gun.

I haven't been around a DI since 1967. :smiley-laughing021: My specialty was hunter by 69 (Naval Special Warfare Command) Ok, so you can shoulder a gun?

4.3LXJ
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Not the kind you can shoot :D

saar
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I grew up around lots of weapons, most for hunting. I was taught from the earliest age to respect and use them safely. I was about 7 years old when I shot a shot gun the first time. A little earlier for a 38 special.

Actually, I grew up with guns at home too, never touch them till the age of 18...

4.3LXJ
02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
By the time I was 14, I was good with shot guns. I could shoot skeet and trap and get in the 90s any day and dead shot on pheasants.

BlueXJ
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I shot upland birds until I went in the Navy after that I have only shot big game like hogs and deer.

xjrev10
02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Did I miss something?!

Whats with all the zombie talk all of a sudden? Well in like that last 6 months I guess...

No offense to anyone, but I find it amazing this all kinda snuck up on me. Zombie this, zombie that.. Hornady actually has Zombie ammunition! Is there some kind of attack that I should be preparing for?! :D

Mudderoy
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Did I miss something?!

Whats with all the zombie talk all of a sudden? Well in like that last 6 months I guess...

No offense to anyone, but I find it amazing this all kinda snuck up on me. Zombie this, zombie that.. Hornady actually has Zombie ammunition! Is there some kind of attack that I should be preparing for?! :D

I think the zombie phenomenon has been building for several years. Steam came out with an online game called "Left for Dead" where 4 survivors of a zombie apocalypse have to battle, and help, through waves of zombies to get rescued.

I've never been a fan of zombie games, since zombies are stupid and slow. Steam changed this up by introducing 4 "special" types of zombies, well 5 really. They each have special things they can do and if one of them get you, which is more likely than not, you'll need a teammate to help you.

Beautiful maps, and great character voice acting make the game a lot of fun.

Then there is the AMC series "The Walking Dead" that is a hit, well at least for them to have another season.

The CDC recently came out with a zombie warning, jumping on the zombie love wagon. There is a zombie survival group, I forget the name, that actually help government agencies in disaster preparation. Seems that if you can survive against zombie hoards, hurricane, nuclear, biological disasters are pretty easy. Or so the thought process goes.

I can tell you this, if I was 4 or 5 years old and seeing so many people talking about and seeing zombie stuff, I'd be pretty scared.

Also it's a great line when people are being judgmental about your new grenade launcher, but they lighten up when you tell them it's for the coming zombie apocalypse. :mock:

http://youtu.be/m7wyavnbBs4

cj4a nz
02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
well keep the zombies over there would you.
it seems easier to get a firearm over there than in NZ

had the local police call in and check my firearms after we moved !!!!!!! and have to resit my "life time licence" every 10 years, just another tax !

Mudderoy
02-23-2012, 09:29 AM
well keep the zombies over there would you.
it seems easier to get a firearm over there than in NZ

had the local police call in and check my firearms after we moved !!!!!!! and have to resit my "life time licence" every 10 years, just another tax !

Yeah, fortunately the gun control thing is moving the other direction. Most of the states have some form of carry laws now. I read the other day that the homicide rate is at a 45 year low, then I tweeted something about how obvious this means we need tighter gun control.

cj4a nz
02-25-2012, 03:06 AM
carry licence.! you need to jump throught hoops to get a licence for a hand gun or more than a 10 round mag over here