PDA

View Full Version : "Must see" in NY and in San Francisco?

saar
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I'm about to visit New York and San Francisco next month, 3 days in each.
It is the first time for me in the US.
If any of you have a list of "must visit" places, please let me know :)
Thanks,
Saar

LizardRunner
02-08-2012, 08:37 AM
NY,NY. Statue of Liberty, Radio City Music Hall, Empire State Building, Central Park, Club 21 (on 51st street, manhattan),Brooklyn Bridge, Museum of Natural History.

SanFrancisco. GoldenGate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Telegraph Hill, Lombard Street, Fishermans Warf, Grant Street (china town), Haight &Asbury street corner (the hippie movement famous place), Museum of Natural History.

I have lived in both places, those were my favorites.

4.3LXJ
02-08-2012, 09:56 AM
When in SF, one always has to ride the trolley cars, go across he Golden Gate Bridge, visit Fisherman's Wharf (the trolley cars will take you there) see Alcatraz, go down Lombard street, the windingest street in the world and visit China Town. The restaurants there are well organized and advertised by the Chamber of Commerce so you can pick and choose the type of food and location you want.

Here is a link for you

http://wikitravel.org/en/San_Francisco

OrangeXJ
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I've never been to NY but lived not too far from SF and agree with all the places listed in SF to see.

XJ Rat
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Depends on what you like...

In New York City, I would go by the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island.

Do not hurt your neck looking around in San Francisco. First time I ever saw two guys on the street kissing, and guys holding hands was in San Francisco.