PDA

View Full Version : Little yellow box?...

OhJeepers
02-02-2012, 09:35 AM
So I decided to take my entire dash out an clean it up, paint it, cut holes an what not for my fan switch, air locker, etc an after I took it all apart I found a little yellow box by the gas an brake pedals. Its approximately 4"x3" says AMC in the very middle and has three holes for adjustment that say Low Speed SW adj. Centering Adj. and Sensitivity Adj. Does any one know what this is and what it does? It's quite curious to me. An should I look into adjusting any of this now that its lifted or leave it alone..

4.3LXJ
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM
That is your cruise control brain. Something you reallly need with air lockers and 38s :D

OhJeepers
02-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Really? I see... Well should I look into adjusting it? An how does it work?

4.3LXJ
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
You should have a switch on the signal lever to activate it. then there is a little short section of speedo cable that has a pulse generator and a couple of wires near the firewall. Then there is also a can type of thing on the top of the firewall with a cable on it that goes to the throttle body and is hooked to your vacuum. If you have all that, there is also a switch on the brake switch assembly that goes with it. If you have all this, it should just work by turning it on and setting it at some speed and then it works. No lights or gismos on these. It is the GM style and was used on the earlier Jeeps. Mine worked very well and kept a very steady speed and never needed adjustment. It is capable of operating the throttle in full range from idle to floored.

OhJeepers
02-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Okay, all that is there. And it also worked perfectly fine before the lift. So I'd assume it would work just the same now, right?

4.3LXJ
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Sure :thumbsup:

OhJeepers
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Sweet :D an thanks for the help!

mocrawlin
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
mine doesnt work, and i was curious about that box too. lol

BlueXJ
03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
There are several components to keep it from working. Vacuum is the first one to check, then the wiring and finally the cables. that should get yours working.