PDA

View Full Version : Ghost River Valley, Alberta, Canada

JeepinMT
01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
So I had my first real off road drive today in the Ghost. I followed my friend who lives in Calgary and is an avid ice climber. He has a Subaru Forrester with a 2.5" lift....that was a first. I knew I could make it anywhere he could in my 2001 sport, bone stock. I will post some pics and a video of one of my river crossings. I did find out that I need a small lift for sure! I'm running 235/75/15 studs and my rear tires rubbed the fenders quite a lot, they are a little wide. What a fun day.....exactly why I bought an XJ! My list of mods grew as the day progressed! I can't wait to begin the upgrades but again, VERY impressed with what she did bone stock, had her in 2 most of the time, had to put it in 4 for the river crossings and the occasional big snow drift. Again, pics and a video to come. Feel free to google the Ghost River in Alberta. My friend has a video of a crossing in his Subaru....bdclimber is what it's under.

cantab27
01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
righto Arron, post has been up for 5 minute now ...wheres the pics my friend...

JeepinMT
01-29-2012, 12:07 AM
My friend took the pics and video....waiting for him to upload them to Dropbox so I can post them here.

bluedragon436
01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
I look forward to seeing pics.. I love hearing folks talk about how capable the Jeeps are stock... That is the reason I went with the Jeep over any other options I had at the time.. and I am so glad that I did..

saar
01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
You'll be surprised what can be done with your tires (As long as they are MT) and 2" lift...
I know I was at the time....

Anyway, I think someone already mentioned the pictures thing....
Saar.