PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake breakage

Jarlaxle
01-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Yesterday, when releasing the e-brake to go to work, the button and spring came completely out of the handle! (The expression on my face was probably priceless.) Is this common, and does this mean I need to get a new handle?

Mudderoy
01-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Yesterday, when releasing the e-brake to go to work, the button and spring came completely out of the handle! (The expression on my face was probably priceless.) Is this common, and does this mean I need to get a new handle?

Wow now there is something I've never heard of before. This should be interesting... :popcorn:

4.3LXJ
01-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Just the description is priceless. But no it is not common. I don't know of any way to fix it other than getting a new handle. Kind of a pain to replace, but not difficult.

Jarlaxle
01-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh hell. Not surprised, but...oh, hell.

And I have a coolant leak. :(

Carves
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
And I have a coolant leak. :(

Ohhh stop being such a show off ...

everybody gets those .... :D:D

:confused::confused:

The hand brake lever has ... a button :shocker:

:D:D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/HandBrake10c.jpg

New lever I'm guessing ... looks like a PITA job ... which is why my replacement hasnt been fitted yet ... :D