PDA

View Full Version : Going from 3" to 4" question

da9r00d
01-26-2012, 02:47 AM
i have a 88 XJ with a Rough Country 3" lift kit, im running 31's now.

I want to run 33's, i want to lift an inch and was going to use Coil spacers and rear shackles.

I have No SYE, but im installing a 1.25 tanny case Drop kit. the suspension arms are all stock.

Will i run into any problems going with this setup or is there anything else i will need?

cantab27
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
get ready to do some trimming....re-gear be nice on 33s.... if i was to do again i would lift jeep 4.5 and mild trim.....here is a bit of info when i did mine ,,,lots of dribble in thread but lots of pics.....common thing 3 and 33s so more will jump in and give info....Ti's 5.30 am here to early to think .....must have your camera handy to do this mod...hint hint....good luck mate..

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3037&highlight=green+build

LizardRunner
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
You're going to want some adjustable LCA's and an adjustable Track Bar with a drop bracket to get up that extra inch and have no steering problems. Check out Ironman Andy's stuff, you can't get beefier than that in my opinion. Also you might want to do the V-8 ZJ Tie rod upgrade for the 33's, a steering box re-inforcement plate would also be a good idea, if you don't already have one installed. Also you might find it necessary to have a drop pitman arm.

4.3LXJ
01-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Once you go over 3", the costs start adding up exponentially for each inch. If you trim your fenders, you could run 33s and do some bump stopping. Otherwise, you have to start spending money on the front components. That means at least a new lower link and track bar, and unless your shocks are a little long, new shocks too. You will also have to relocate the front brake line mount or get new front and rear bake lines.