PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Devil Doc!!!

bigjim350
01-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi Devil Doc, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Devil Doc
01-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum! I recently bought my first jeep, a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. I've wanted one for many years, but the wife always wanted a sporty 4 door sedan...well the wife is gone and the jeep is here and there's nothing except wide open trails in my future! :D

bigjim350
01-20-2012, 01:26 AM
:lmao: post some pics....of the jeep

4.3LXJ
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum! I recently bought my first jeep, a 1990 Cherokee Laredo. I've wanted one for many years, but the wife always wanted a sporty 4 door sedan...well the wife is gone and the jeep is here and there's nothing except wide open trails in my future! :D

OK Doc, make sure the next girl is a Jeep girl. They are more fun anyway.:rolleye0012:

xj4life2
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Hmmm I think its cheaper just to stick with the Jeep lol Anyway welcome and hope you enjoy it here !!! So last question.... explain the name ???

If I was to guess...... Marine Corps Medic ?? Oh well its a fun game for me

XJ Rat
01-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, name sure sounds like a Corpsman to me.

Hmmm I think its cheaper just to stick with the Jeep lol Anyway welcome and hope you enjoy it here !!! So last question.... explain the name ???

Devil Doc
01-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the welcome messages! The name comes from combining my time (9 yrs)as a Marine Corps Infantryman and my current service as an Army Medic, thus Devil - Doc. As I've gotten older and the deployments have stacked up, the idea of keeping people alive rather than the alternative seemed a better fit. Plus I kinda owe my ass to a Navy Corpsman so my career change was kind of a pay it forward thing.

I'll post a few pics of the jeep a little later today. I've actually been lurking through your website for about a month before finally creating an account. It seems everytime I googled a question about my jeep threads from this website would pop up.

BlueXJ
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM

Just for your future edification, USMC uses the Navy Corpsman as his
"Doc". Marines do not have a separate medical branch. I speak from a little experience as a Navy Corpsman attached to to the USMC back in the 60s and 70s.

xj4life2
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks for all the welcome messages! The name comes from combining my time (9 yrs)as a Marine Corps Infantryman and my current service as an Army Medic, thus Devil - Doc. As I've gotten older and the deployments have stacked up, the idea of keeping people alive rather than the alternative seemed a better fit. Plus I kinda owe my ass to a Navy Corpsman so my career change was kind of a pay it forward thing.

I'll post a few pics of the jeep a little later today. I've actually been lurking through your website for about a month before finally creating an account. It seems everytime I googled a question about my jeep threads from this website would pop up.

I win I win !!!! Anyway where are you currently stationed ? My son is a combat medic at Fort Hood. He's with the 3rd Cav. I believe its the 686th med corp but I could be wrong. Anyway thanks for your service and comitment to our country

Devil Doc
01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks again guys! I am VERY sad that the first pic I post here is of the damage from an acident I was just in about an hour ago!!!! It could have been wayyyy worse, but I'm still pretty pissed!!!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc257/DjCounterpoint/399987_10150500858697293_627672292_8944219_2047710 716_n.jpg

bluedragon436
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! Yeah you def could have had way worse damage.. What hit you or what did you hit with it?? And what tires are those on your XJ??

Devil Doc
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah it certainly could have been a lot worse! I was merging onto the interstate and was doing about 50+ mph. This 70+ year old dude in a big work truck, changed from the left to the right lane as I merged and it was either the metal guard rails or his truck. When he hit my jeep it actually spun me in front of his truck and I slid sideways for about 50 ft and came to a stop accross both lanes of traffic. I think my nerf bars caught under his front bumber and prevented me from flipping because I felt like the vehicle wanted to...so all and all...I'm VERY lucky!

And the tires are 31" Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc257/DjCounterpoint/1321113631745.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Just for your future edification, USMC uses the Navy Corpsman as his
"Doc". Marines do not have a separate medical branch. I speak from a little experience as a Navy Corpsman attached to to the USMC back in the 60s and 70s.

Corpsmen are called Doc in the Coast Guard too

1ATony
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the site, glad to see you're ok. Those tires look pretty cool.