PDA

View Full Version : The "Parts" Jeep

HPI_Savage25
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Long story here but figured I'd post up of how this Jeep came into my hands completely on accident! (yeah right....haha!). Anyways we were trying to help out one of my moms co worker that was riding a bike 2+ hours one way to work because her car was broke and couldn't afford to get it fixed. We intended to take my Aunt's jeep which she didn't want anymore as it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix and then purchase another Jeep to use as parts and make one good one. Well we went and looked at this Jeep....

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/HPI_Savage25/167073_1820906001277_1198980717_2184273_1232004_n. jpg

We bought this XJ and it wasn't even running. The wiring harness was burned up. Somehow a fire started at the battery and burned most of everything on the passenger front as far as wiring goes. The shop had already went to PAP and bought a harness it just had to be put in. Anyways I took it up to my school at the time. Tore the front grill off to remove the old harness and installed the new one. Also put new ground cable and power cable going to the starter. After all of that we got it running.

The whole thing of using this was as parts completely went down the drain as the lady it was going to left town so we got stuck with two of them.

Since I have had it it has had a new valve cover gasket, new oil pan/gasket, new wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor button. Also put new tires on it about a month ago.

So now the Jeep that was going to be given to the lady is now the parts Jeep and I am driving this one and fixing it up.

Next on the list is a 4.5" RC lift kit and many other things.

Looking to get some cup holders soon and a few other things.

KH96XJ
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Should be a fun project.

saar
01-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Looks real nice.
Good luck with it
Saar

Mudderoy
01-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Long story here but figured I'd post up of how this Jeep came into my hands completely on accident! (yeah right....haha!). Anyways we were trying to help out one of my moms co worker that was riding a bike 2+ hours one way to work because her car was broke and couldn't afford to get it fixed. We intended to take my Aunt's jeep which she didn't want anymore as it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix and then purchase another Jeep to use as parts and make one good one. Well we went and looked at this Jeep....

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/HPI_Savage25/167073_1820906001277_1198980717_2184273_1232004_n. jpg

We bought this XJ and it wasn't even running. The wiring harness was burned up. Somehow a fire started at the battery and burned most of everything on the passenger front as far as wiring goes. The shop had already went to PAP and bought a harness it just had to be put in. Anyways I took it up to my school at the time. Tore the front grill off to remove the old harness and installed the new one. Also put new ground cable and power cable going to the starter. After all of that we got it running.

The whole thing of using this was as parts completely went down the drain as the lady it was going to left town so we got stuck with two of them.

Since I have had it it has had a new valve cover gasket, new oil pan/gasket, new wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor button. Also put new tires on it about a month ago.

So now the Jeep that was going to be given to the lady is now the parts Jeep and I am driving this one and fixing it up.

Next on the list is a 4.5" RC lift kit and many other things.

Looking to get some cup holders soon and a few other things.

lol lift kit, bigger tires, and cup holders. The lack of cup holders was a big mistake. :out:

HPI_Savage25
01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Man no cup holders is whacked up! What the heck were they thinking?!?!

bluedragon436
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Looks like a good vehicle to build up... Good luck on it, and can't wait to see a build thread