PDA

View Full Version : Great, funny, gun rules...

Mudderoy
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Gun lovers. Herewith are thirteen things to remember when carrying your weapon. BTW- this list is not original. I’ve Google up the bullet points but alas …I got nada in regards to who penned it. If and when someone schools me on who the author is you can rest assure that I’ll give him or her proper praise. Enjoy.

1. Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

2. It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

3. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

4. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

5. Never say, “I’ve got a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

6. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

7. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.

8. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, because it’ll be empty.

9. If you’re in a gunfight:

- If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.

- If you’re not loading, you should be moving.

- If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

10. In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

11. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

12. You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.

13. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

saar
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Nice rules,
Is carrying a gun is so common in your place?

btw, regarding #11....
The fact that you are a paranoid doesn't say that nobody chaises you...
(It sounds better in Hebrew...)
Saar.

Carves
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Heres some more rules - from down here ....

They are so funny ... they are sad ... :rolleyes:

clicky clicky --> Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LizardRunner
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
That guy forgot: Always aim center mass (chest), you may not hit that target but you won't shoot air most of the time.

and: Don't shoot with the intent to wound, that only works in the movies.
and to keep yourself from being in real trouble; Don't shoot when they are running away. and A person afraid for their life tends to pull the trigger until the gun says click click click or the slide is held open cause it's empty.

Mudderoy
01-19-2012, 03:18 PM
That guy forgot: Always aim center mass (chest), you may not hit that target but you won't shoot air most of the time.

and: Don't shoot with the intent to wound, that only works in the movies.
and to keep yourself from being in real trouble; Don't shoot when they are running away. and A person afraid for their life tends to pull the trigger until the gun says click click click or the slide is held open cause it's empty.

don't shoot while they are running away?!?!?! What if you're fat and you can't catch them?!?!?!

Mudderoy
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice rules,
Is carrying a gun is so common in your place?

btw, regarding #11....
The fact that you are a paranoid doesn't say that nobody chaises you...
(It sounds better in Hebrew...)
Saar.

I live in Texas and since we have conceal and carry law it's hard to say how many people are armed. We do know A LOT of permits have been issued.

Many of the other states are implementing their own versions of carry, concealed or open carry. And the states are working between each other to set up reciprocal agreements so if you are licensed in one state you can carry in another.

LizardRunner
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
don't shoot while they are running away?!?!?! What if you're fat and you can't catch them?!?!?!

Let em go, that would be considered murder. now if they stop and turn around and say, look like they are reaching for a weapon (gun). :rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Let em go, that would be considered murder. now if they stop and turn around and say, look like they are reaching for a weapon (gun). :rolleye0012:

Okay cool, so what I need to do is lose weight, train to gain speed, and practice shooting while running backwards! :check:

LizardRunner
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Arkansas has a concealed carry prermit law and it's reciprical to other states with one. The rules of CC are fairly simple but most of the time, the hoser cops will look at you as if you're the bad guy if you shoot. I find that sad and tragic. In Miami, if your 65 and older, you can CC with out a permit being needed and several times the perp was shot to death. Those old folks didn't have to turn over their gun and they didn't have to go to court either. It's amazing how the crime rate on the elderly dropped after the first mugger was shot dead.

Mudderoy
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Arkansas has a concealed carry prermit law and it's reciprical to other states with one. The rules of CC are fairly simple but most of the time, the hoser cops will look at you as if you're the bad guy if you shoot. I find that sad and tragic. In Miami, if your 65 and older, you can CC with out a permit being needed and several times the perp was shot to death. Those old folks didn't have to turn over their gun and they didn't have to go to court either. It's amazing how the crime rate on the elderly dropped after the first mugger was shot dead.

I read some little blerp the other day that said homicides are at a 45 year low.

Now why do you think that is?

LizardRunner
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
gee, ya got me tony... Little Rock already has something like 10 on the books. All seem to be sparked by arguments between friends or gang related. The usual reasons in these parts.

XJ Wheeler
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Christopher Titus on Gun Control - YouTube

LizardRunner
01-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Videos like that, along with that sort of thinking, are what makes it so important to be a member of the NRA.

Sure they are funny to watch but the statement made is that all who carry a gun are anxious to use it. That just isn't the real case. Those who carry are supposed to be prepared to use it but use Intelligence in the decision. That video is putting out there an idea very much like those that think that a gun will shoot someone with out a hand holding it and pulling the trigger. While I see the humor of it, there are people that will think it is a reality, that puts us rational people in a bad light to the stupid, which, unfortuantely are indeed the majority.

For most people, taking a life does serious mental damage. I know cops who lost it after a good shoot, I know soldiers that lost it, even though they were in a war situation.

Mudderoy
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Videos like that, along with that sort of thinking, are what makes it so important to be a member of the NRA.

Sure they are funny to watch but the statement made is that all who carry a gun are anxious to use it. That just isn't the real case. Those who carry are supposed to be prepared to use it but use Intelligence in the decision. That video is putting out there an idea very much like those that think that a gun will shoot someone with out a hand holding it and pulling the trigger. While I see the humor of it, there are people that will think it is a reality, that puts us rational people in a bad light to the stupid, which, unfortuantely are indeed the majority.

For most people, taking a life does serious mental damage. I know cops who lost it after a good shoot, I know soldiers that lost it, even though they were in a war situation.

I agree, I know I personally want to be like the cop that works for 20 years and never has to use his weapon. I wouldn't be very happy having to shoot someone, or having the memory of it for the rest of my life. But if my government gives me the right to protect myself and my family I think I would be crazy not to prepare. Just have to remember, if you make the decision to pull the weapon, you've made the decision to fire the weapon. No hesitation. Better to get help from the psychiatrist alive than dead, although their rates are much cheaper for the latter.

XJ Wheeler
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
The trigger should be respected and never to be used in fear, anxiety, or revenge. It may seem like a solution at the time but has VERY permanent consequences.

But yeah, the clip was meant for humor.

xjsnake
01-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Pink, purple, blued or nickle... A 38 Spc is still a 38 Spc