PDA

View Full Version : Just wanting to say hello. . .

OverEasy
01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Well for starters some may remember me. . . some may not, it's been quite a while since I last posted on this forum. I've had quite a few different things going on and have been busy. I must be honest and say that I haven't really been on any forum much, but starting to get back on.

The last time on here I was debating on selling my XJ for something that I can tow my dedicated wheeler with (My Samurai, I still have). NOT that I wanted to sell / get rid of it, but wanted to get something a bit bigger.

The 01 XJ
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/The%20Jeep/img2295i.jpg

After wanting to try and sell the XJ and wanting something diferent, I went in a completely different way and caught some shit by more than one here for it. At the time I had only bought this because it was different and I knew I could get more out of it in the long run. Ultimately bettering myself and what I was needing / wanting.

I ended up getting this. . . 98 M3
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/IMAG0214.jpg

Like I said, I caught quite a bit of shit from more than one person, but I didn't plan on keeping the car forever. I just really wanted something different for a little while. All along the way looking for something else. While Driving the M3 was a complete blast (car was not stock) I found what I was looking for, something I've been wanting for some time now (Since 99 to be honest).

I traded / bought this. . .
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/IMAG0143.jpg

I bought a 00 Ford F250 CrewCab 7.3 TD. I must say I love this thing! Even though it's a bit of overkill to pull my Samurai, but it will pull mine and some friends rigs all at the same time if needed to! I've pulled the Samurai to a few event's so far and the truck pulls GREAT! It's nice to be able to beat the ever living hell out of your rig and know you will still make it home! :D

So in between the vehicle swapping and all, finally being happy... not to mention looking to get another Cherokee once one crosses my path I see worth buying! I have gotten a new job at a local Dealership here in my city. I was doing construction and it just isn't busy or paying bills at the time and I needed the consistency not to mention the benefits this job comes with.

Annnddd finally, with all that being said. . . My Girlfriend and I are now expecting a little girl! Yup, I'm going to be a daddy! (yes the proper authorities have been notified) We are 21 weeks in! Both of us are extremely excited and can't wait for this new experience! We have been given a due date of around May 22nd!

Just thought I'd share where I've been and what's going on. I'm still wheeling, breaking stuff and upgrading on the Samurai. Still enjoy the sport and camaraderie of friends meet in person and online. (hope to meet new peeps now that I can haul my junk!).

Sorry so long winded, but just wanting to say Hi! LOL! :drinking:

bluedragon436
01-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey welcome back!! I wouldn't mind picking myself up a M3 like that one, something to drive with a bit better gas mileage than the XJ, not to mention something to play in a bit, but my XJ would still be my play toy, so she isn't going anywhere.. That is a nice looking tow rig you got yourself... We will always be around, so you don't have to worry about us disappearing when you take some time away for yourself and life!! Congrats on the little one, would be funny if the little one comes on the 20th of May, as that is my B-day!! Take care and look forward to seeing you around again!!

cantab27
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
about time you got back....ya copped a bit of good natured shit in chat from myself and one other....ya took it the wrong way mate..... i pm ya a apology plus a couple of others ...;)...anyways good to have ya back Jeremy ...congrats on the baby news....new rig is cool......now we need our wheeling sammie pics fix........

cheers wayne......................

ps here's your turn to lay some shit on me ...brought a tj , now selling the xj.:D:D

4.3LXJ
01-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome back Jeremy. Congrats on the wee one. I still have my Sammy, but considering selling it.

OverEasy
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey welcome back!! I wouldn't mind picking myself up a M3 like that one, something to drive with a bit better gas mileage than the XJ, not to mention something to play in a bit, but my XJ would still be my play toy, so she isn't going anywhere.. That is a nice looking tow rig you got yourself... We will always be around, so you don't have to worry about us disappearing when you take some time away for yourself and life!! Congrats on the little one, would be funny if the little one comes on the 20th of May, as that is my B-day!! Take care and look forward to seeing you around again!!

Yeah man, that car was a absolute blast to drive. Just got it to play with for a while and have some fun! (and boy did I) Thanks, I love the truck!

Hahaa! Everyone is in May and around the 20th! We have at least 8 people pulling for a day in mid May! ;)

about time you got back....ya copped a bit of good natured shit in chat from myself and one other....ya took it the wrong way mate..... i pm ya a apology plus a couple of others ...;)...anyways good to have ya back Jeremy ...congrats on the baby news....new rig is cool......now we need our wheeling sammie pics fix........

cheers wayne......................

ps here's your turn to lay some shit on me ...brought a tj , now selling the xj.:D:D

Thanks Wayne, ya you guys gave me some shit and at the wrong time. I had had a few good Ole adult beverages and . . . well, you know the rest. Thanks for the congrats, I can't wait for the day when we can hold her! :pray:

LOL! I have a plenty of Pics and Vids from a couple previous trips out in the last couple outings. . . . Hell, even Mr. Hardcore (Bear) has come out with us!!! I have a vid of him as well! ;):D

No comment on the TJ. :rolleyes::D

Welcome back Jeremy. Congrats on the wee one. I still have my Sammy, but considering selling it.

Thanks man, Why ya thinking on the sale?

cantab27
01-17-2012, 08:17 PM
do you see bear ????? tell the big fella hi from us here at xjtalk......mans gone hardcore, always on pirate.......post ya vid when ya get a chance ...........

4.3LXJ
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks man, Why ya thinking on the sale?

I have been downsizing. I have sold my 84 Toy PU and I can see I will never get the Sammy done. My son has kept me busy with HUM WEE Jr. He is making me an offer I cannot refuse on my Mighty Mite. He has a bunch of Model T stuff he is going to sell and wants to split the money with me with the stipulation I get it running. You don't get an offer like that from your kids every day. Besides, his daughter, my granddaughter, thinks she needs her own Mighty Mite which means another project for me.

OverEasy
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
do you see bear ????? tell the big fella hi from us here at xjtalk......mans gone hardcore, always on pirate.......post ya vid when ya get a chance ...........

Dear Lord, Bear on Pirate!? LOL! Ya man, I talk w/ him right often and have seen him a few. He now is living about 30 mins from me. He went wheeling w/ us just a few weeks ago! Did pretty well for having some street terrain 33" tires in the good old VA. clay.

I'll def. tell Bear hey for you guys!

OverEasy
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
I have been downsizing. I have sold my 84 Toy PU and I can see I will never get the Sammy done. My son has kept me busy with HUM WEE Jr. He is making me an offer I cannot refuse on my Mighty Mite. He has a bunch of Model T stuff he is going to sell and wants to split the money with me with the stipulation I get it running. You don't get an offer like that from your kids every day. Besides, his daughter, my granddaughter, thinks she needs her own Mighty Mite which means another project for me.

Yeah, I can't say I wouldn't go for that either! I just have WAY to much invested in mine for it to leave my hands. . . Just before I was away I had just finished my YJ swap and had just taken it out. . . I'm already contemplating a 44 front, 8.8 rear and links. (maybe) LOL!

4.3LXJ
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I can't say I wouldn't go for that either! I just have WAY to much invested in mine for it to leave my hands. . . Just before I was away I had just finished my YJ swap and had just taken it out. . . I'm already contemplating a 44 front, 8.8 rear and links. (maybe) LOL!

Yup one thing leads to another. I haven't even finished my XJ yet:sign0181:

OverEasy
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Yup one thing leads to another. I haven't even finished my XJ yet:sign0181:

Hahaa yeah. I refuse to use the words "finish" or "finished" anymore, unless it's completing a project. I've been finished tooo many times already... LOL!

LizardRunner
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
finished? like in I got the latest lift installed and so that's finished. we're all gear heads, so nothing is ever really finished is it? I remember my GTO builds, one car five builds, it was finished when it was T boned and beyond repair.

OverEasy
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
finished? like in I got the latest lift installed and so that's finished. we're all gear heads, so nothing is ever really finished is it? I remember my GTO builds, one car five builds, it was finished when it was T boned and beyond repair.

Me? No, my stuff is never finished. I may complete a part, but it's forever evolving. I'm never happy with it... and wanting more. :rolleyes:

4.3LXJ
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Me? No, my stuff is never finished. I may complete a part, but it's forever evolving. I'm never happy with it... and wanting more. :rolleyes:

More is better, too much is jsut right:rolleye0012: