PDA

View Full Version : Which lower Mounts should i get?

Metlic53
01-03-2012, 04:00 PM
i tore up my lower axle mounts and am now getting around to fixing them. i figured i would go with ballistic fabrication mounts but which ones do i get? they have offset options and such and im unsure of which ones i should buy.
Here is the link http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Lower-Axle-Link-Brackets_p_1397.html

If yall know of a better mount from somewhere else that would be appreciated. also, should i have a shop weld these on or could i do it myself or have a friend who is a welder do it? Thanks guys

msmoorenburg
01-04-2012, 07:08 AM
is the old one past repair? Rene as fixed a few its not hard

LizardRunner
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
If your going to use Ballistic, you will have to measure the offset to pick the right ones. But like Matt says, it really isn't hard to fix the others unless they are just totally mangled. If you aren't confident in your welding ability, it might be best to let a pro do this job.

xj4life2
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Anything from Ballistic is gonna be good quality and priced right, the only others I would use would be from Genright.

Metlic53
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
is the old one past repair? Rene as fixed a few its not hard

If your going to use Ballistic, you will have to measure the offset to pick the right ones. But like Matt says, it really isn't hard to fix the others unless they are just totally mangled. If you aren't confident in your welding ability, it might be best to let a pro do this job.

i'll take some pictures later today and let yall tell me what you think,
i bent the trac bar as well