PDA

View Full Version : Advice for our grand children (in a few years)

BlueXJ
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
"Hell, I remember when we only had 500 channels of mind-numbing crap to watch!"

"You call that *dancing*? Shoot! Tell your grandma to bring that ´Macarena´ CD over here and I´ll show you some REAL dancing."

"When I was your age, we didn´t have surgically implanted telepathy microchips! When we wanted to talk to our friends, we had to use a CELL PHONE!"

"Senility, my ass! I´m telling you President Hasselhoff used to have a talking car!"

"When I was your age, we didn´t admire the grace and beauty of a tuna swimming in some aquarium tank! No, sirree. We *ate* the bastards - right out of the can!"

bluedragon436
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Sad thing is... all will be true.. So man things have changed since I grew up so I can only imagine what else will change by the time I have grand kids!!

BlueXJ
01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm just hoping that I can remember today when they are grown up.

4.3LXJ
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
We already joke with them, as well as the children about things like eight tracks and black and white TV

Joliet Johnny
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
You want a good laugh? Talk to the average 18yo about how computer programs used to be stored on cassette tapes. A select few of them dont even know what a cassette tape is. I miss my C64.

HPI_Savage25
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
You want a good laugh? Talk to the average 18yo about how computer programs used to be stored on cassette tapes. A select few of them dont even know what a cassette tape is. I miss my C64.

I'm 18 myself but I remember the old Amiga 500 we had. Color monitor and the upgraded Ram (32mb?)! Loved playing games on that thing. Even Up to about 2 years ago we played it. Color went out on the monitor about 5 years ago but we kept playing. Believe the commodore ad Amiga were within the same years??

msmoorenburg
01-03-2012, 07:32 AM

Want another i just happen to have 1 or 2 :D

Its sad the wife didn't get this

http://fellowshiproom.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cassette-tape-pencil.jpg?w=303&h=284

LizardRunner
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I remember when you had to get the operator to connect your call.
before there were calculators, people used a device called a slide rule.
computers used to take up a whole room and had to be airconditioned to even work.
Programing used to require punched cards
in the old days there were no cell phones, drive thru fast food joints didn't exist and packaged meals were called TV dinners. If you were away from the house and needed to make a call there were Pay Phones at almost every gas station,and they all had a mechanic on duty but no food except what was in a vending machine if they had one.
AND we went outside to play.

4.3LXJ
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I still go outside to play

BlueXJ
01-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I still have never played a video game except PacMan at a video arcade, 35 or so years ago.

4.3LXJ
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Me neither, but I like pin ball though

BlueXJ
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I used to love pinball but it is rare to see one of those machines anymore.

4.3LXJ
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
There are a few around. But they have changed somewhat. More skill involved now I think. Lots of stuff you have to hit off the flippers to get very many points.

saar
01-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Want another i just happen to have 1 or 2 :D

Its sad the wife didn't get this

http://fellowshiproom.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cassette-tape-pencil.jpg?w=303&h=284

I'm afraid that they won't know what are those 2 things...
My kids are on the 3rd grade and already started to use laptops at school (only few hours, but they started...)
My son wants to copy & paste from wiki when he got homework to do, and he doesn't understand what is wrong with just copy and paste, no need to read...

First grade are about to start working with laptops too next year...
No wonder that the web is full with spelling mistakes and grammar ones.
(don't count me in those mistakes, my Hebrew is much better than my English ;) )

Anyway, great picture.